Salford complete deal for former Widnes centre Krisnan Inu

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Salford complete deal for former Widnes centre Krisnan Inu

Post by josie andrews »

Salford Red Devils have completed a deal to sign former Widnes and Catalans centre Krisnan Inu.

League Express revealed several weeks ago how Inu was training with Ian Watson’s side in a bid to earn a deal with the club – and the Red Devils have now finalised terms with the centre to bring him to the AJ Bell Stadium with immediate effect.

Inu is available for Sunday’s trip across the Pennines to face Wakefield, and coach Watson said: “Krisnan is a high-quality addition to our back-line who we spoke to in pre-season and are now really pleased to have brought to the club.

“He has a proven record in both the NRL and Super League so when Krisnan became available it was important for us at the club to sign him in order to lift the levels of competition and quality within our squad.

“We are hoping after a couple of setbacks, we can get Krisnan back to his best and back to enjoying his Rugby League.”

Salford’s Director of Rugby and Operations, Ian Blease, said: “We have been speaking and working hard with Krisnan over the past few months, so to finally be able to bring him to the Club is fantastic.

“Krisnan has played at the highest level domestically and internationally and is a really strong addition to an already competitive squad.

“He’s extremely versatile across the back-line and I’m confident we can bring the best out of him on the field for the remainder of the 2019 season.

“Big credit has to go to our supporters who have backed our Squad Builder initiative as this has been huge in helping us get Krisnan over the line and I’d like to see them continue to support this scheme ahead of next week’s deadline.”

http://www.totalrl.com/salford-complete ... isnan-inu/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Re: Salford complete deal for former Widnes centre Krisnan Inu

Post by nathan_rugby »

No doubt another player that would have improved our starting 13 and provided some much needed competition to Sarginson and Gildart in the centres.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

He’s always injured
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

No sure about always injured but he has played and is used to the British game and was also available on a free. When it comes to not being able to sign someone because we cannot afford the wages but Salford can it tells you plenty about the club and Inu would add to the centre position more than Isa if we get an injury to one
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: