Cas v Leeds

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
nathan_rugby

Re: Cas v Leeds

Post by nathan_rugby »

Mike wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:52 am To make it less objectional, I'd give both teams the point for the draw and have golden point decide who gets 2 points for the win. Maybe even play 9s for the win point.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
You must surely know that that will never happen?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:15 am
Mike wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:52 am To make it less objectional, I'd give both teams the point for the draw and have golden point decide who gets 2 points for the win. Maybe even play 9s for the win point.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
You must surely know that that will never happen?
There is a precident in major sports. The NHL operates an over-time for a winning point (both teams receive one point for the draw). This is played 3 v 3 which makes a nice change for the fans and because your point is already secured for the draw it feels like you are playing for a nice bonus so 3v3 is great fun.

My problem with golden point is that we've just watch 5-10 minutes of teams trying and failing to kick a drop goal, i don't really want to watch any more of that. But 9s with a first try wins, would lead to an attack fest, which would be great fun and a better spectacle. I wouldn't argue that this should decide all the points though, hence playing for a the "bonus" win point.

It could happen I suppose, who'd have thought we'd adopt the league system from the Swiss football leagues? Surely there's a chance of taking an idea from a major sporting league like the NHL if we've already done that for a stupid system from a minor football league in Europe?

Just an idea really, most casual fans like the NHL overtime now. They used to pretty much leave as it was another 20mins of the same, but now its fast, and attacking and often very short.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

The problem is We should have 5 points and Leeds 3. Due to this stupid rule we are now both on 4.

And I can't really say I found it exiting. I was just waiting for the drop goal fest, but then the winner was a fluke.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:52 pm Second golden point game, second one decided by the toss of a coin. stupid rule.
Agreed,it wasn’t needed at all
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:38 am
josie andrews wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:59 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:43 pm I am against it. I could live with it if the first team to score a try won, but only just.

That is my opinion, a try not a drop goal or penalty goal. Like you said only just acceptable but I’m still against it. If you dont get the ball, you don’t win!
The fact that its any points just promoted faking injury and cheating to gain ground.
I think it will affect the refs as well. Some will be very wary of blowing up for anything as they won't want the controversy of getting it wrong having been fooled. So genuine penalties will be missed.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Get rid and bring in the Golden Arm Wrestle, Best of three :lol:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I think it should be a 100 metre sprint between both chairmain to decide.....would be good tv lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:21 pm I think it should be a 100 metre sprint between both chairmain to decide.....would be good tv lol
:lol: