Leeds seriously up for relegation now?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal
Posts: 13598
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:33 pm

Leeds seriously up for relegation now?

Post by ancientnloyal » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:25 pm

You’d think that Leeds would find form and pull away from the bottom... just like Wigan (hopefully). But tonight’s performance versus HKR and a scrape of a win by golden point last week it’s now dawning that relegation is a reality for Hetherington.

How have they got soo bad? Is Kris Radlinski in charge of their recruitment also?

Of course, Gary H will blame the Lancashire clubs.

DaveO
Posts: 13954
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:32 pm

Re: Leeds seriously up for relegation now?

Post by DaveO » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:40 pm

Thought their performance v Cas was a corner turned but shipping 43 is never good is it.

User avatar
Firestarter
Posts: 1818
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: Leeds seriously up for relegation now?

Post by Firestarter » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:44 pm

That has to be the lowest intensity game ive seen for ages...... tackling none existent....... play the balls none existent..... how many times did rovers break with the inside pass....... very very poor and makes us look brilliant...... hurrell is great with ball in hand but is always out of position in defence..... talk about rough and smooth lol....... like watching bloody basketball tonite
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE

fozzieskem
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Leeds seriously up for relegation now?

Post by fozzieskem » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 pm

They're in real trouble but I still feel they will get enough to be safe..id say 14 to 16 points should see safety we shall see.

Leeds where dismal tonight.

Barney841
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:24 am

Re: Leeds seriously up for relegation now?

Post by Barney841 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:36 pm

I’d think so. Turner just hasn’t got them going, think their a better team that shows in the league table.
If they go down though, I’d like to think we’d be in for hurrell he really a player we a missing.
Also Leeds getting beat last night got my bet up😁

Wiganer Ted
Posts: 2231
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:31 pm

Re: Leeds seriously up for relegation now?

Post by Wiganer Ted » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:40 pm

Right now we are only two points ahead of them in the League table.

ian.birchall
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:42 pm

Re: Leeds seriously up for relegation now?

Post by ian.birchall » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:38 pm

DaveO wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:40 pm
Thought their performance v Cas was a corner turned but shipping 43 is never good is it.
Nor is 38 points very good either Dave.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.


Now Europe is just for holidays.

DaveO
Posts: 13954
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:32 pm

Leeds seriously up for relegation now?

Post by DaveO » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:52 pm

ian.birchall wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:40 pm
Thought their performance v Cas was a corner turned but shipping 43 is never good is it.
Nor is 38 points very good either Dave.
Quite right but at the risk of being offered a membership to the happy clapper club I think at least we have excuse of injuries and absentees due to injury. I am not sure Leeds have.

I said before the season started in a post on here I thought outside of what you might reasonably expect to be our regular first team we were very thin in terms of quality and experience of replacements and we needed the first 17 fit.

Not seen anything to change my mind and the Cas game just reinforces my opinion. Faz, Greenwood, Lockers out is a huge blow and only Flower looking like a senior prop but also unfit half the time doesn’t help.

All points to very poor squad management re succession planning with too many players expected to go around again.

Caboosegg
Posts: 1333
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Leeds seriously up for relegation now?

Post by Caboosegg » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:11 pm

DaveO wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:52 pm
ian.birchall wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:40 pm
Thought their performance v Cas was a corner turned but shipping 43 is never good is it.
Nor is 38 points very good either Dave.
Quite right but at the risk of being offered a membership to the happy clapper club I think at least we have excuse of injuries and absentees due to injury. I am not sure Leeds have.

I said before the season started in a post on here I thought outside of what you might reasonably expect to be our regular first team we were very thin in terms of quality and experience of replacements and we needed the first 17 fit.

Not seen anything to change my mind and the Cas game just reinforces my opinion. Faz, Greenwood, Lockers out is a huge blow and only Flower looking like a senior prop but also unfit half the time doesn’t help.

All points to very poor squad management re succession planning with too many players expected to go around again.
While i agree with a large part of your post, if we had been drip feeding a couple of the youngsters in it would be a different story. Sadly we have chucked them in at the deep end due to injuries.
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

User avatar
Firestarter
Posts: 1818
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: Leeds seriously up for relegation now?

Post by Firestarter » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:51 am

Caboosegg wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:11 pm
DaveO wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:52 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Nor is 38 points very good either Dave.
Quite right but at the risk of being offered a membership to the happy clapper club I think at least we have excuse of injuries and absentees due to injury. I am not sure Leeds have.

I said before the season started in a post on here I thought outside of what you might reasonably expect to be our regular first team we were very thin in terms of quality and experience of replacements and we needed the first 17 fit.

Not seen anything to change my mind and the Cas game just reinforces my opinion. Faz, Greenwood, Lockers out is a huge blow and only Flower looking like a senior prop but also unfit half the time doesn’t help.

All points to very poor squad management re succession planning with too many players expected to go around again.
While i agree with a large part of your post, if we had been drip feeding a couple of the youngsters in it would be a different story. Sadly we have chucked them in at the deep end due to injuries.
Like we always do
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE

Post Reply