Leeds seriously up for relegation now?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

You’d think that Leeds would find form and pull away from the bottom... just like Wigan (hopefully). But tonight’s performance versus HKR and a scrape of a win by golden point last week it’s now dawning that relegation is a reality for Hetherington.

How have they got soo bad? Is Kris Radlinski in charge of their recruitment also?

Of course, Gary H will blame the Lancashire clubs.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Re: Leeds seriously up for relegation now?

Post by DaveO »

Thought their performance v Cas was a corner turned but shipping 43 is never good is it.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

That has to be the lowest intensity game ive seen for ages...... tackling none existent....... play the balls none existent..... how many times did rovers break with the inside pass....... very very poor and makes us look brilliant...... hurrell is great with ball in hand but is always out of position in defence..... talk about rough and smooth lol....... like watching bloody basketball tonite
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

They're in real trouble but I still feel they will get enough to be safe..id say 14 to 16 points should see safety we shall see.

Leeds where dismal tonight.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I’d think so. Turner just hasn’t got them going, think their a better team that shows in the league table.
If they go down though, I’d like to think we’d be in for hurrell he really a player we a missing.
Also Leeds getting beat last night got my bet up😁
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Right now we are only two points ahead of them in the League table.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

DaveO wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:40 pm Thought their performance v Cas was a corner turned but shipping 43 is never good is it.
Nor is 38 points very good either Dave.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ian.birchall wrote:
DaveO wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:40 pm Thought their performance v Cas was a corner turned but shipping 43 is never good is it.
Quite right but at the risk of being offered a membership to the happy clapper club I think at least we have excuse of injuries and absentees due to injury. I am not sure Leeds have.

I said before the season started in a post on here I thought outside of what you might reasonably expect to be our regular first team we were very thin in terms of quality and experience of replacements and we needed the first 17 fit.

Not seen anything to change my mind and the Cas game just reinforces my opinion. Faz, Greenwood, Lockers out is a huge blow and only Flower looking like a senior prop but also unfit half the time doesn’t help.

All points to very poor squad management re succession planning with too many players expected to go around again.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:52 pm
ian.birchall wrote:
Quite right but at the risk of being offered a membership to the happy clapper club I think at least we have excuse of injuries and absentees due to injury. I am not sure Leeds have.

I said before the season started in a post on here I thought outside of what you might reasonably expect to be our regular first team we were very thin in terms of quality and experience of replacements and we needed the first 17 fit.

Not seen anything to change my mind and the Cas game just reinforces my opinion. Faz, Greenwood, Lockers out is a huge blow and only Flower looking like a senior prop but also unfit half the time doesn’t help.

All points to very poor squad management re succession planning with too many players expected to go around again.
While i agree with a large part of your post, if we had been drip feeding a couple of the youngsters in it would be a different story. Sadly we have chucked them in at the deep end due to injuries.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:11 pm
DaveO wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:52 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Nor is 38 points very good either Dave.

While i agree with a large part of your post, if we had been drip feeding a couple of the youngsters in it would be a different story. Sadly we have chucked them in at the deep end due to injuries.
Like we always do
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE