Leeds favourites to sign Manly star

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Leeds favourites to sign Manly star

Post by josie andrews »

Leeds has emerged as the most likely destination for off-contract Manly forward Joel Thompson.

League Weekly report that the Rhinos are keen to sign the 30-year-old and will tempt him to the club with a long contract offer.

Manly are keen to keep fan-favourite Thompson who is one of the most popular players in the NRL because of his extensive charity work.

He doesn’t go too bad on the field either with 203 first-grade games to his name for Canberra Raiders, St George Illawarra and current club Manly.

Having started all the Sea Eagles games this season, Thompson is still one of the club’s best performers and was also attracting interest from Wakefield according to League Weekly.

Speaking about his contract situation with the NRL’s official website earlier this month, Thompson said: “I’m always open to anything. Rugby League has given me everything so whatever comes I’ll be happy with that.

“We’ve spoken as a family, we’d like the life experience of going over to a different country and getting paid for it would be pretty special.

“I probably won’t get that again in my life. But I’ll take it for whatever comes and get on with it.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/leeds-fa ... tar-20329/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Leeds favourites to sign Manly star

Post by josie andrews »

Is there still a quota for oversees players?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Leeds favourites to sign Manly star

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:25 pm Is there still a quota for oversees players?
A maximum of 7 players who are not federation trained or academy players.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards