Rangi Chase returns to rugby league with Doncaster

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Rangi Chase returns to rugby league with Doncaster

Post by josie andrews »

Rangi Chase is back in Rugby League after signing with League 1 club Doncaster.

The controversial halfback has joined the Dons on a deal until the end of the season and will be available for selection once he completes a drugs ban, which ends in July.

A former England international and Man of Steel winner, Chase was suspended for two years in 2017 after testing positive for cocaine.

The former Castleford and Salford ace is widely regarded as one of the most talented players of the Super League era, as highlighted by his Man of Steel trophy picked up during his time at Castleford in 2011.

A maverick talent, he went on to represent England eight times between 2011-2013.

“It feels good to be back, I’m really looking forward to getting involved and helping the lads at the business end of the season.

“I’m excited as I’ve had a long time out, now that it’s not too far away I’m working hard to get my fitness levels as high as possible.

“The training will help me to get back up to speed, I want to try and get ready for July and get to know the boys as well.”

Chief executive Carl Hall added: “We’re delighted to be able to bring a player of Rangi’s quality to the club, he is someone I have known for a number of years and I have always stayed in contact with him.

“We’re giving him an opportunity to show what he’s capable of in a Dons shirt, and without putting any pressure on him – I believe he’s the biggest signing this club has made since Tony Kemp.

“I hope everyone is excited as I am to see him play.”

http://www.totalrl.com/rangi-chase-retu ... doncaster/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan