Magic Weekend set for record low crowd

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Magic Weekend set for record low crowd

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

"Magic" as it stand will end anyway next season as the Challenge Cup final moves to the end of May.

Hopefully these crappy repeating fixtures are kicked into touch and replaced with meaningful cup competitions such as the Lanc's Cup and Regal Trophy.

Something the fans can actually get excited about and see a reward for winning. Maybe place handicaps on SL teams in the regional trophy games to give junior players first team quality experience and also draw crowds to the smaller clubs hopeful of winning against "bigger" opponents

Something has to give and if we are to have reserve fixtures then fully utilize the playing pool of all the teams but not in meaningless fixtures
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

These loop fixtures just don’t work time for a rethink if we have to have the 29 game season,though into what I don’t know
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I haven’t been to Magic since Edinburgh! We broke down coming back from Preston then found out my wife was pregnant! May have put me off somewhat and somehow
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:35 pm "Magic" as it stand will end anyway next season as the Challenge Cup final moves to the end of May.

Hopefully these crappy repeating fixtures are kicked into touch and replaced with meaningful cup competitions such as the Lanc's Cup and Regal Trophy.

Something the fans can actually get excited about and see a reward for winning. Maybe place handicaps on SL teams in the regional trophy games to give junior players first team quality experience and also draw crowds to the smaller clubs hopeful of winning against "bigger" opponents

Something has to give and if we are to have reserve fixtures then fully utilize the playing pool of all the teams but not in meaningless fixtures
Why don’t we just promote Toulouse and Toronto then there is no need for repeat fixtures. Magic is yet another own goal for the powers that be who are running, or should I say ruining, our great sport. Why on earth would you take it to Anfield?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The magic weekend is going nowhere at least for a couple of years after Dacia re upped their sponsorship deal, lets just hope its not Anfield again next year.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:35 pm "Magic" as it stand will end anyway next season as the Challenge Cup final moves to the end of May.

If the Challenge Cup final is in May next season i think that rules out any football ground as i am pretty sure that no football club is going to allow 6 rugby matches to be played on their pitch during or close to the football season . I believe that Spurs can lift the football pitch very quickly to accommodate NFL games but is the pitch below not a AstroTurf one . I doubt many RL clubs would be happy with that given the number of clubs that rested players when the Widnes away fixture came calling .

Regarde EW
2002 and EW is hooked
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

If I remember rightly the challenge cup final will be in July next season so not sure where this idea it’s in May has come from
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

.... Bank Holiday weekend
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:27 pm .... Bank Holiday weekend
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skys ... -agreement

Can’t find anything to say it’s moved to May at all
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

There can be no excuse for the low turn out other than Liverpool has no attraction.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards