Gareth Hock rejoins Leigh Centurions

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Gareth Hock rejoins Leigh Centurions

Post by josie andrews »

LEIGH Centurions have signed up veteran campaigner Gareth Hock for another stint at the club.

The 35-year-old scored 12 tries in 53 games for the Centurions between 2015 and 2017 before joining Featherstone Rovers last season. He was a free agent after parting company with Barrow Raiders recently.

Centurions coach John Duffy said: "Gaz has signed for the rest of the season and I think he knows this is an opportunity for him to finish his playing career on his terms.

"We know how good he is and he was great for me at Fev last year when he really bought into everything we tried to do.

"He'll enjoy our environment and he knows he'll have to perform every week. And if he wants to go around for another year, he's got a few months to nail a deal.

"Gaz is currently back in training after shoulder surgery and realistically he's four weeks away from being in contention for selection.

"He loves Leigh and he certainly has got the motivation to perform."

Gareth Hock said: "I'm really pleased to be back at Leigh Centurions and can't wait to run out in front of the North Stand again.

I've left Barrow Raiders by mutual agreement. Things didn't work out, but I've had time to think and to go back to the club I loved being at recently and which has always been good to me is a great feeling.

"I'm back with my old coach Duffs and I enjoyed our time at Fev. He's a great coach and suits my game. To be back with some of my old team-mates is fantastic.

"I've been training really hard and I can't wait to get started with the boys and bring that aggressive part back. I'm really excited."

A former Great Britain and England international Gareth Hock came through the Wigan scholarship and academy ranks and made his first team debut in 2003 against Doncaster.

He scored a total of 48 tries in 191 games for the Warriors before leaving to spend a season-long loan at Widnes in 2013.

He then joined Salford before signing for Leigh in February 2015, earning Heritage Number #1397 and playing a big part in the club's promotion to Super League the following year.

Outstanding in the early part of 2017 on his return to the top-flight his season was sadly cut short by injury just when he was recognised as one of the competition's in-form middles.

Hock has scored 85 tries in 317 career games and his impressive international career comprises four games for Great Britain, nine for England and four for England A.

Gareth Hock is sponsored by Palatine Paints, whose managing director Jason Huyton is also Leigh Centurions' Commercial Director. He said: "Gaz holds a special place in our hearts within our family and we are delighted to see him back in a Leigh shirt.

"He never gives anything less than his best, ensuring his qualities will further enhance the outstanding effort shown by our boys and the coaching staff."

https://www.leighjournal.co.uk/sport/17 ... s/?ref=rss
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: Gareth Hock rejoins Leigh Centurions

Post by Firestarter »

They doing well on cap again..... at least 3 signings after start of the season
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

He's still better than some of our props!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:00 am He's still better than some of our props!
no argument there
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:10 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:00 am He's still better than some of our props!
no argument there
Give over :lol:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:47 am
Firestarter wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:10 am
no argument there
one word meds....... navarette
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:24 am
medlocke wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:47 am
Firestarter wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:10 am no argument there
one word meds....... navarette