Salford secure Sarginson and Atkin

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Salford secure Sarginson and Atkin

Post by josie andrews »

League Weekly have revealed Wigan centre Dan Sarginson and Hull KR half-back Chris Atkin have signed for Salford next season. Both are off-contract with the latter a possible replacement for the outgoing Jackson Hastings. Despite the impressive acquisitions, they won’t be announced by the Red Devils anytime soon out of respect for their rivals.

Salford Director of Rugby Ian Blease said: “We’ve got two new signings over the line already. But I just think, with what’s happened to us over the last couple of weeks, with people doing interviews and parading the shirt, I’m not sure it’s in the best taste, I’m a bit more respectful than that.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/rumour-mill-21-20824/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Nezza Faz

Re: Salford secure Sarginson and Atkin

Post by Nezza Faz »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:23 am League Weekly have revealed Wigan centre Dan Sarginson and Hull KR half-back Chris Atkin have signed for Salford next season. Both are off-contract with the latter a possible replacement for the outgoing Jackson Hastings. Despite the impressive acquisitions, they won’t be announced by the Red Devils anytime soon out of respect for their rivals.

Salford Director of Rugby Ian Blease said: “We’ve got two new signings over the line already. But I just think, with what’s happened to us over the last couple of weeks, with people doing interviews and parading the shirt, I’m not sure it’s in the best taste, I’m a bit more respectful than that.”

The "LATTER" player named in above paragraph (1) is Chris Atkin - does that mean Hastings is going to Hull KR ??
Anymore info ?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Nezza Faz wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:08 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:23 am League Weekly have revealed Wigan centre Dan Sarginson and Hull KR half-back Chris Atkin have signed for Salford next season. Both are off-contract with the latter a possible replacement for the outgoing Jackson Hastings. Despite the impressive acquisitions, they won’t be announced by the Red Devils anytime soon out of respect for their rivals.

The "LATTER" player named in above paragraph (1) is Chris Atkin - does that mean Hastings is going to Hull KR ??
Anymore info ?
Why does Salford signing Chris Atkin mean Hastings is going the other way?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:14 pm
Nezza Faz wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:08 pm

Anymore info ?
Why does Salford signing Chris Atkin mean Hastings is going the other way?

I see mate, it's me !!
I read the paragraph that Atkin signed for Salford as a direct replacement for Hastings, who was going in the other direction to HKR !
Just confusing use of words,...……... hopefully !!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

In the words of Alan Partridge "Back of the net"
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I got told off a rovers fan that they have signed abdul for next season
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

If Hull KR sign Hastings and we end up with Powell at #6 I will literally give up with the current administration.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I can believe Abdul would sign for HKR as he's a Hull lad.
Always had talent but seemed to get distracted.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:55 pm I can believe Abdul would sign for HKR as he's a Hull lad.
He played well at the weekend.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:55 pm I can believe Abdul would sign for HKR as he's a Hull lad.
He used to play for Hull FC didn't he?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan