Rhinos confirm signing Rhyse Martin

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Rhinos confirm signing Rhyse Martin

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: Rhinos confirm signing Rhyse Martin

Post by Firestarter »

All sounds very dodgy to me somehow.....
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Have they got a salary cap dispensation due to potentially getting relegated?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Leeds sign another player.
Either they breaching the SC or we are god awful at managing ours.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

The fact that "in my opinion" I think we will go to a 14 team league anyway would potentially save Leeds no matter who they sign

Leeds have been muting the point that releasing Kallum Watkins released a sizable chunk of their salary cap. How much? Who knows but I would guess their accountants will point out its come from the savings Watkins move to the NRL will save them

Now Leeds after their transfer merry-go-round of ins and outs have filled their overseas quota (again), it would be interesting to know if Robert Lui signed for less than Tui Lolohea was on whilst he at Leeds or have Leeds made savings their too.

What IS more interesting is how many overseas players they have been allowed:

1; Konrad Hurrell, 2. Adam Cuthbertson, 3. Trent Merrin, 4. Nathan Peteru, 5. Wellington Albert, 6. Ava Seumanufagai, 7. Robert Lui, 8. Rhyse Martin

Should all be classed as "overseas" ?

According to the SL exceptions list
There are three exceptions for a player to avoid quota player status. Those are listed below:

1. When a player has played for a rugby team for six years, he is eligible to gain British citizenship and does not count under the quota.
2. If the player has a passport for any EU nation or a Kolpak nation.
3. If the player is from a Kolpak nation such as Papua New Guinea, Samoa or Tonga.
So Albert must not count but as for the rest. New signing Martin is classed as PNG even though he was born in Australia (if this allowing of players to pick and choose what nation they want to represent doesn't make a mockery of the current overseas quota rules then what does??)

The rest - Scottish grandparents anyone???? :lol: :lol:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

How the hell are they managing this.?

They had to get rid of Parcel to bring Lui in and now another Aussie comes in as well..are they shipping at ASDA,a two for the price of one deal?

Also it’s very clear that if a player leav3s then their wages disappear from the cap,I was always told that it counted for the season on the part of the club a player had left so for my addled mind at least.

And how are they affording this..it’s clear they’re either paying other players a farthing a game,that or else a club like Wigan are either a,over paying their squad or Wigan aren’t anywhere near the cap.