Titans to unveil new coach next week

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Titans to unveil new coach next week

Post by josie andrews »

A formal announcement could come as soon as Monday.

The Titans are in the final stages of selecting their new coach, with an announcement set to be made next Monday Tuesday, according to a report by The Courier Mail.

Some names that have been thrown up as contenders include St Helens’ Justin Holbrook, Sydney Roosters’ Craig Fitzgibbon and former Broncos and Penrith coach Anthony Griffin.

However, there has been a big push for the club to appoint Maroons mentor Kevin Walters despite him denying interest in the job.

Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett and Broncos legend Chris Johns are both big advocates of Walters spearheading Gold Coast’s rebuild.

“Kevvie would do a good job,” Bennett told The Courier Mail.

TRENDING NOW

De Belin facing life following new rape charge
Can you remember these NRL players from the early 2000s?
REPORTS: Burgess likely to accept huge Wigan offer
“There’s a couple of coaches who would do a good job at the Titans, but if I was Kevin, I wouldn’t go through an interview process.

“I won’t tell the Titans what kind of coach they need, that’s their choice, but what I will say is you don’t need a series of interviews again. They did that last time.

“As a coach, I don’t believe in interview processes. The Titans should just identify who they want and get him.

“I’ve never done an interview in my life. The Broncos and Dragons both knew what they wanted, they decided they wanted me and they made it happen.

“I didn’t do an interview to come to South Sydney. The good clubs know what they want, they tell the board who they are getting and they get the job done.

“What Kevin offers is four years coaching Origin and he has won premierships as a player.

“If Kevvie is the best man for the job in their eyes, forget the interviews and just go and get him.”

Johns insisted that Walters was the most qualified man for the job.

“They keep throwing up all these names but clearly Kevvie is the best person for the Titans job,” he said.

“Kevvie is ready for the NRL. He is one of the most dynamic coaches in the game at the moment, he is passionate, he knows how to treat men and he knows how to get players to play for each other and for him.

“If the Titans want him, the onus should be on them to chase him. The days are gone where Kevvie has to apply for a job, he has proven himself with the Queensland team.”

https://www.zerotackle.com/report-titan ... eek-46972/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan