Cats v Wire

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Cats v Wire

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Some very unfortunate scenes both on and off the field. It looks like Super League will have to take some strong action. We need to rid ourselves of these idiots and players need to start showing more respect for referees.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
mickh

Re: Cats v Wire

Post by mickh »

Hill set the scene giving an elbow to the face of the Catalan player early on for which he got a sin binning, Warrington set the stall and Catalans fell for it, there should have been a more positive response from the referee. The best team won, but, Rugby League will be the loser if the "mixing it" of the Warrington players is allowed to carry on. They play to the gallery.
The same with Sneyd on Thursday evening, played being hurt to milk the situation, its becoming more like soccer week by week.
If it goes like that I am off.

Mick
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:07 pm Some very unfortunate scenes both on and off the field. It looks like Super League will have to take some strong action. We need to rid ourselves of these idiots and players need to start showing more respect for referees.
Strip Warrington of all their points
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

mickh wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:34 pm Hill set the scene giving an elbow to the face of the Catalan player early on for which he got a sin binning, Warrington set the stall and Catalans fell for it, there should have been a more positive response from the referee. The best team won, but, Rugby League will be the loser if the "mixing it" of the Warrington players is allowed to carry on. They play to the gallery.
The same with Sneyd on Thursday evening, played being hurt to milk the situation, its becoming more like soccer week by week.
If it goes like that I am off.

Mick
I thought Childs wasn't that bad to be honest, if he made an error then he should have binned Philbin after his 3rd? high tackle, it really got going from there and it was niggle city after that, i too grow tired of this play acting,theyre all at it now, some more than others how many times have we all seen a player go down as if shot by an elephant gun only to spring up a couple of moments later, it needs stamping out..bin them if the ref feels its becoming an issue.

Oh and go back to Sir for the refs forget this first name nonsense, they simply dont have the respect they deserve nowadays.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Ive never seen anything like the scenes of the Wire fans trying to climb into the cats gantry before absolutely shocking
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
bertina

Post by bertina »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:07 pm Some very unfortunate scenes both on and off the field. It looks like Super League will have to take some strong action. We need to rid ourselves of these idiots and players need to start showing more respect for referees.
Absolutely right on both counts. The fans, where possible, need to be identified and dealt with in the strongest manner.
The players actions are easily identified on camera, and how only 3 were sent off is beyond me.
Hill as Wire captain was a disgrace.
There will be a lot of eyes on the disciplinary meeting this week, lets hope the panel show some b***s and dish out the penalties that are deserved for such behaviour.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Well the disciplinary decision is an absolute disgrace if you ask me!!

Joke.

Don’t care if they have a Cup Final shortly that’s pathetic from the RFL
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

What an absolute joke. The disciplinary panel are not fit for purpose. How many times does Chris Hill have to punch someone before he gets a ban!
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Sam Tomkins misses three games following a Grade C punching charge.
Warrington prop Chris Hill was given a no-game penalty notice following his punching charge.
As you say. When is a punch not a punch? This grubby player has been doing this for the last couple of years as his career dips
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Rumour that the "box" was where Warrington player's families watched the game, along with Cats players families - hence Hill's insistence that his family were in danger?