6 teams for 4 play-off spots. Could Wire miss out?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
morley pie eater

6 teams for 4 play-off spots. Could Wire miss out?

Post by morley pie eater » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:30 pm

Looking at 2 to 7 in the table and their fixtures, any two teams could lose out - including Warrington.

With 4 games left, Wire have 3 away: us, Salford and Leeds. All loseable, more so with the Wembley factor.

Cats are probably the weakest/least consistent team, but they have 3 winable games in London and Hull KR in France, and Huddersfield away (along with us at the DW.)

Hull v Salford this week will be a key match, with the Airlie Birds also to play Cas away and Saints at the KCOM.

Our 3 games at home are Wire, Cats and Cas. We also travel to Wakey. 4 from 4 would see us in the top 3, likely 2nd I'd say, on 36 points.

fozzieskem

Re: 6 teams for 4 play-off spots. Could Wire miss out?

Post by fozzieskem » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:18 pm

Top 5 for me at least would/will be..

saints,
Wigan or Hull
wire
Salford

I do think wire will fade after the Wembley effect they aint in the best of form at present, I just think Salford will grab the last place, one thing is for certain Wigan can't afford to lose any game from now on.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:44 am

Might actually lead to an exciting climax to the season, the games seem to have had a bit more edge to them of late and the have benefited from it massively. I think aggression is a large part of the draw to our sport and its being completing missing from the first part of the season
Always be yourself - unless you can be Dan Bilzerian then ALWAYS be Dan Bilzerian!

ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:45 am

morley pie eater wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:30 pm
Looking at 2 to 7 in the table and their fixtures, any two teams could lose out - including Warrington.

With 4 games left, Wire have 3 away: us, Salford and Leeds. All loseable, more so with the Wembley factor.

Cats are probably the weakest/least consistent team, but they have 3 winable games in London and Hull KR in France, and Huddersfield away (along with us at the DW.)

Hull v Salford this week will be a key match, with the Airlie Birds also to play Cas away and Saints at the KCOM.

Our 3 games at home are Wire, Cats and Cas. We also travel to Wakey. 4 from 4 would see us in the top 3, likely 2nd I'd say, on 36 points.
No.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:50 pm

ian.birchall wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:45 am
morley pie eater wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:30 pm

No.
Right then, Ian:
I'll bet you 2 pints in the Cardigan Arms before the next Rhinos away match that Warrington don't finish in top 5.
Geoff