ROWLEY JOINS RED DEVILS

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

ROWLEY JOINS RED DEVILS

Post by josie andrews »

Former Toronto Wolfpack and Leigh Centurions head coach Paul Rowley has joined Salford Red Devils as a coaching consultant.

Rowley has assisted Red Devils head coach Ian Watson during training sessions in recent weeks and has now been brought on in an official capacity.

Watson said: “Paul’s been somebody who I’ve known for a long time, both personally and professionally, so I’m really happy that he’s taken up my offer of working together in an advisory role.

“Paul has a wealth of playing and coaching experience at the highest level.

“With the great situation we’re in as a club going into the last four league games, it was important that the person we brought in could add quality, in terms of working and communicating with the players and backroom staff.

“This was evident when Paul came to help me in the week prior to the Warrington game, where the players enjoyed his input.

“Paul has a similar mindset in the way we play here at Salford and has a great work ethic, which is key for the team, so he will have no problem settling in.”

Rowley represented England as a player and has won the Championship three times during his coaching career.

The 44-year-old coached Watson during his time at Leigh Centurions and the two have known each other since their early playing days.

Rowley said: “This is a really exciting opportunity, with the team sat in fifth.

“I’m pretty fresh after an extended rest and came in just prior to to the Warrington game to do some work with the forwards and the 9s in particular.

“The players were really receptive and it’s been a really good working environment, so it was a no brainer when Watto asked me to come onboard.”

He added: “Watto really has this team playing for him, in a way that you don’t see many teams playing for their head coach.

“We’ve got a very good relationship and we’ll challenge each other in a good way, to make sure we always come to the right decision.

“I’m made up for him that he’s been made a Great Britain assistant and I feel privileged to be working alongside him, with such a humble group of hard-working players.”

Salford Red Devils will next be in action on Saturday, when they visit Hull FC. Click HERE for ticket information.

https://www.salfordreddevils.net/rowley ... ed-devils/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan