Silverwood calls for honesty from Sky pundit Cummings

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Firestarter

Re: Silverwood calls for honesty from Sky pundit Cummings

Post by Firestarter »

Mike wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:01 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:44 pm
Levrier wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:39 pm

This one has been done to death. Would someone like to link the video explanation. At the moment the rule is that the ball must go backwards relative to player releasing rather than the ground. If you want it the other way all supporting players would have to stand at 45degrees to the player with the ball or even directly behind them.
you can actually be in front of the passer and reach backwards for the ball..... forward is forward..... the only way a ball can go back then forward is wind....... maybe bring back penalties for deliberate forward passes..... i just want to see consistency with this and also the diabolical play the ball
You really are saying that all forward passes should be judged relative to the ground, not the player's motion?

You're ready for all passes in the game right now to be given as forward when the players are running towards the opponents line right? Its a physical fact, not a hypothesis, but you're just ignoring it.
Not really forward is forward is all im saying...... it might look like its coming backwards out of a hand but still going forward...... we all shout when we think its forward....... obviously the blatant ones are the worst when a player is yards ahead of the passer and doesnt even step back..... they are the ones that rile me...... not too bothered about the short 50/50 ones as thats become part of the game unfortunately
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:10 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:44 pm you can actually be in front of the passer and reach backwards for the ball..... forward is forward..... the only way a ball can go back then forward is wind....... maybe bring back penalties for deliberate forward passes..... i just want to see consistency with this and also the diabolical play the ball
You really are saying that all forward passes should be judged relative to the ground, not the player's motion?

You're ready for all passes in the game right now to be given as forward when the players are running towards the opponents line right? Its a physical fact, not a hypothesis, but you're just ignoring it.
Not really forward is forward is all im saying...... it might look like its coming backwards out of a hand but still going forward...... we all shout when we think its forward....... obviously the blatant ones are the worst when a player is yards ahead of the passer and doesnt even step back..... they are the ones that rile me...... not too bothered about the short 50/50 ones as thats become part of the game unfortunately
So you want every pass to be judged relative to its motion over the ground.

I'm not sure you understand the impact of that apparently simple idea. Its not a good idea IMO.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Mike wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:09 pm
Firestarter wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:10 pm

So you want every pass to be judged relative to its motion over the ground.

I'm not sure you understand the impact of that apparently simple idea. Its not a good idea IMO.
the answer is yes mike........ oh and i do understand just cant be arsed writing an essay...... no offence coz we both entitled to our opinions pal
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE