Challenge Cup

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: Challenge Cup

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:04 pm
bill.inger wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:55 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:50 am
Never mind Roby what do commentators see in Regan Grace?

Kevin Penney mark 2.
They likened him to Jason Robinson!
I spluttered my tea Josie when I heard that..I mean words fail me.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:04 pm
bill.inger wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:55 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:50 am
Never mind Roby what do commentators see in Regan Grace?

Kevin Penney mark 2.
They likened him to Jason Robinson!
More like Anne Robinson!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:15 am
josie andrews wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:35 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:46 pm And so the upset came,as it does so often in sport well done Wire.

So I wonder what will happen now?

Will saints or wire implode and not win again or will they both be at old Trafford ?

And under 63,000 for the final it’s time to wake up and move it,Wembley will never get to 70,000 unless Leeds are playing,let alone filling it,no excuses this season with trains etc,two huge clubs and that’s all they can muster it’s a poor show,the cost now is stopping the neutral from going down to it
Where is the attendance listed Fozzie?

It was announced at the match as 62k was very surprised at that to be honest it was completely empty above the cameras (not open) and there were plenty empty rows everywhere .

Regards EW
I agree EW, no way there was 62,000 on, the top tier holds more than 39,000 and there was hardly anyone up there. Lower sections were empty as well. Lucky if there was 50,000 on.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I heard all the St Helens players went to a brothel at night but none of them scored :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

ddtftf wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:29 pm I heard all the St Helens players went to a brothel at night but none of them scored :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:44 pm They were out coached today. Wire punished Roby, Thompson and Walmsley and it severely dented Saints attack. Roby looked like he needed oxygen at half-time, Holbrook should have given him a break.

What I found interesting today was the age of the Saints team. If that is their squad for next year they will have nine players over 30 years of age!
if anything wire employed Shaun Wane tactics, play an extra forward, they could have easily played ratchford at standoff and mamo at fullback but to pull the rabbit out of the hat and play Currie there showed the way to go for the rest of the season for everyone else just like cats did last season. Sammut on the bench isn't the way to go.
mickh

Post by mickh »

Why were very few people sat in the "posh" seats at Wembley?
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

mickh wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:04 am Why were very few people sat in the "posh" seats at Wembley?
Do you mean those centre seats ?
If so, I think they are in the Club Wembley area which are bond, or debenture type seats, owned 100% by football fans, and are there's for a number of years.
They have the right to attend all fixtures/events held at the stadium but obviously have no interest in RL, and even for some International football games, Play Off games, etc there are those empty, red seats on view.
I think the RFL have managed to get hold of a number of these seats to re sell for the Final but it does look bad on tv when the cameras are pointed at them.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

If they are debenture seating, are they included on the official attendance? If so, then the real attendance would be under 60000.
Time to bring the final back up here.
mickh

Post by mickh »

I thought the "debenture" seating arrangements were only for the first 10 years of the new Wembley opening, It has been open for more than 10 years now, don't think the seats smack in front of the television camera's were included anyway. They have not been devoid of that many supporters in previous years :?