Three clubs chase Gigot as he confirms Catalans exit

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Three clubs chase Gigot as he confirms Catalans exit

Post by josie andrews »

Tony Gigot has confirmed he will leave Catalans at the end of the season.

The 28-year-old could not agree on new terms after two months of negotiations with Club president Bernard Guasch.

Gigot was instrumental in helping the Dragons win the Challenge Cup last season, picking up the Lance Todd Trophy.

But the French international has endured a frustrating 2019 season and lost his full-back spot to Sam Tomkins at the start of the campaign.

Speaking to L’Independant, Gigot expressed a desire to end his time in Perpignan on a high.

“People have suspected this for some time and now the club has announced they’ve withdrawn the contract,” he said.

“I would like to finish this season by qualifying for the play-offs and I just want to try to end on a good note.

“This club has been by my side, but now, I do not know what the future will be for the next few years, and whether or not I will come back one day.”

Treize Mondial report Huddersfield Giants, Toronto Wolfpack and St George Illawarra Dragons are the three clubs leading the race for Gigot’s signature.

A move to either Huddersfield or Toronto is dependant on both clubs securing Super League status next season.

However, Gigot may favour a move to the NRL with St George keen to find a replacement for Warrington-bound Gareth Widdop.

They will also have the financial capabilities to meet Gigot’s wage demands, with the Sydney-based club looking to overhaul their squad after missing out on the NRL finals.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/three-cl ... xit-21907/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan