Wakefield would "love" to keep Morgan Escare in 2020... if he leaves Wigan Warriors

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Wakefield would "love" to keep Morgan Escare in 2020... if he leaves Wigan Warriors

Post by josie andrews »

Wakefield coach Chris Chester wants to keep Morgan Escare beyond the end of his loan spell.

The Frenchman is contracted to Wigan until the end of 2020 and, before departing on loan, made it clear he wanted to stay and fight for his spot.

But the Warriors would, presumably, be happy for him to depart given he has struggled for game-time in Adrian Lam's side - and Bevan French has since come on board.

Escare, who has played twice for Trinity, is set to face his parent club on Sunday.

"I would love to keep hold of Morgan,” Chester told the Yorkshire Evening Post.

"He has been a breath of fresh air from the moment he stepped through the door. He is a Wigan player so it is not in our hands but, if there ever was an opportunity [to sign him permanently], we would certainly have to think about it."

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wakefi ... -1-9963433
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Re: Wakefield would "love" to keep Morgan Escare in 2020... if he leaves Wigan Warriors

Post by fozzieskem »

I just don’t see where Escare can play now in the squad for next season almost all of the positions he can play there is now huge competition for places he must be 3rd place fullback,6 place winger,god knows how many halves Wigan will have next season.

He is of course perfectly entitled to come back and try to dislodge someone but in life sometimes the writing appears on the wall as it has down at Wigan this season,I hope he moves on and proves the club wrong,but I just don’t see he has a future at Wigan now