REPORTS: Leeds to confirm Agar on Monday

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

REPORTS: Leeds to confirm Agar on Monday

Post by josie andrews »

Leeds Rhinos are set to confirm Richard Agar as their permanent head coach on Monday, according to Yorkshire Evening Post journalist Peter Smith.

The Rhinos have called a press conference for 9:30am on Monday at Emerald Headingley, with a club statement saying they will be making a “significant announcement regarding the club’s next head coach.”

Agar, 47, has been in charge on an interim basis since David Furner was sacked in May after just 14 games in charge.

At that stage, the Rhinos were third from bottom, winning just four games.

Now, however, with just one game left in the regular season, Leeds are all but safe from the drop and have won seven of their 14 games with Agar in charge.

Agar’s main objective was to avoid relegation, which he achieved with two games in hand, and it now understood the club are to appoint him as head coach on a permanent basis.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/reports- ... day-22125/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: REPORTS: Leeds to confirm Agar on Monday

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Leeds are still behind the eight ball.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Agar seems like a genuine, nice and honest bloke but I dint think he's the .ong term answer for Leeds..they barely got past relegation this season and will have a pretty similar squad next term too, barring perhaps the injury prone Gale is the paper talk is to be believed

Another season of mid table adits them I feel.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:12 am Agar seems like a genuine, nice and honest bloke but I dint think he's the .ong term answer for Leeds..they barely got past relegation this season and will have a pretty similar squad next term too, barring perhaps the injury prone Gale is the paper talk is to be believed

Another season of mid table adits them I feel.
Maybe they see Agar in a steadying of the ship type role much like what Noble did for us rather than splashing out for somebody that will be gone after half the season for being crap or leaves for the NRL after the first season due to having a barnstormer, If Agar keeps Leeds at the lower end of the league for one or two seasons then that's good enough for me
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Hull were dreadful when Agar was head coach there.
Leeds fans will be expecting pretty much the same when he takes charge of the Rhinos.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Agar named Leeds Rhinos head coach

Leeds Rhinos have confirmed the appointment of Richard Agar as the club’s head coach.

Agar has signed a twelve-month rolling agreement to stay with the Rhinos is a contract similar to the one Brian McDermott had during his stay with the club.

Since taking over midway through the season, Agar has overseen steady improvement which has seen the Rhinos move away from relegation and end the season seventh.

“The manner in which he has conducted himself this season, during very challenging circumstances, has shown us that he is the right man for the job,’ Kevin Sinfield said.

“We are fortunate to be able to call upon one of the most experienced coaches in the game and importantly someone who knows our players and understands the potential for this group of young men.”

Agar added: “It was important for me when I took charge during the season that I was able to effect change on the squad. This group have struggled over the past few years and there was no point in me becoming Head Coach unless I could have a positive impact.

“However, having worked with the group and seen the potential particular of our young players in the first team and academy squads, I believe we are set for some exciting times in the future and I will be honoured to play my part in this.”

https://www.totalrl.com/agar-named-leed ... ead-coach/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan