Who Should Be The Coach Of The Year?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
bertina

Re: Who Should Be The Coach Of The Year?

Post by bertina »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:45 pm Adrian Lam!
I agree. Comes in on a 1 year deal initially, 3 top players gone, no top tier signings coming in, the Shaun Edwards saga to contend with, a stack of injuries to deal with and only kids to fall back on, and the guy gets us to second spot. Hats off to Adrian Lam.!!!
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Me too, yet a good few wanted rid earlier on in the year. Done a good job in a short space of time following on from the long Shaun Wane era.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I still think watson atm ....... lammy has done an outstanding job and will possibly get it if we win the grand final...... i know lammy has been up against it but so to has watson with a very small squad...... lammy has still had a better squad to pick from with lots more capable kids imo
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:23 pm I still think watson atm ....... lammy has done an outstanding job and will possibly get it if we win the grand final...... i know lammy has been up against it but so to has watson with a very small squad...... lammy has still had a better squad to pick from with lots more capable kids imo
Coach of the Year is announced the week before the Grand Final
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Ward for me
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

josie andrews

Four-man shortlist for Super League Coach of the Year 2019 revealed

Post by josie andrews »

The four-man shortlist for this year’s Coach of the Year award in Super League has been revealed by the competition.

St Helens head coach Justin Holbrook, Salford Red Devils Ian Watson, Warrington Wolves Steve Price and London Broncos Danny Ward have all been nominated by their peers for the 2019 Super League Coach of the Year Award, with the winner set to be announced at the annual Super League awards on Sunday, October 6.

Holbrook has steered St Helens to a successive League Leaders Shield this season, while Price has won the Challenge Cup with Warrington Wolves for the first time since 2012. Salford Red Devils have had a hugely successful season under Watson and have already secured their place in the play-offs, while London Broncos are looking to retain their Super League status under Ward in the final game of the regular season. They play at Wakefield tonight.

https://www.totalrl.com/four-man-shortl ... -revealed/
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Re: Four-man shortlist for Super League Coach of the Year 2019 revealed

Post by josie andrews »

Well out of that lot it’s got be either Watson or Ward IMO
bertina

Post by bertina »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:56 pm The four-man shortlist for this year’s Coach of the Year award in Super League has been revealed by the competition.

St Helens head coach Justin Holbrook, Salford Red Devils Ian Watson, Warrington Wolves Steve Price and London Broncos Danny Ward have all been nominated by their peers for the 2019 Super League Coach of the Year Award, with the winner set to be announced at the annual Super League awards on Sunday, October 6.

Holbrook has steered St Helens to a successive League Leaders Shield this season, while Price has won the Challenge Cup with Warrington Wolves for the first time since 2012. Salford Red Devils have had a hugely successful season under Watson and have already secured their place in the play-offs, while London Broncos are looking to retain their Super League status under Ward in the final game of the regular season. They play at Wakefield tonight.

Saints have 5 in the dream team, lomax wins the Albert Goldthorpe medal, and Holbrook is nominated for coach of the year. How fantastic would it be to do them in the GF at OT.???
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

bertina wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:23 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:56 pm The four-man shortlist for this year’s Coach of the Year award in Super League has been revealed by the competition.

Saints have 5 in the dream team, lomax wins the Albert Goldthorpe medal, and Holbrook is nominated for coach of the year. How fantastic would it be to do them in the GF at OT.???
😂😂🏉🍒⚪️♥️
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:51 pm
bertina wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:23 pm

😂😂🏉🍒⚪️♥️

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Was thinking exactly the same before I got to your post, Josie.

In fact, I hope Holbrook gets it and Saints fail to make the final or get to OT and play like they did at Wembley.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐