Worrying!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: Worrying!

Post by fozzieskem »

Nezza Faz wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:38 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:20 pm
ancientnloyal wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:43 pm Didn’t we say the same about Catalans?
Have they really, apart from the challenge cup brought anything to the game, other than easy home point for wigan?
And a record SL attendance and an attractive, challenging away fixture !
Is it really a challenging fixture though?the myth of Catalan has been exposed for my money and it’s not the fortress it once was.

The brand of rugby they’ve played is for the most part very poor,they have the pick of frances finest yet they insist on stuffing the team full of journeymen looking for one last payday,can’t fault Bernard for splashing his cash,but he’s not splashing it in the right direction,you could argue that the best 3 signings of the last 5 years have come from Wigan in Tomkins,Micky Mac and young Lewis and that tells me something.

And as for Barcelona it doesn’t look like there’s been any follow up to it from Catalan,I admit I’m only going on what I’ve heard and read and I think that’s a crying shame,maybe it’ll emerge in the coming years but I’m not holding my breath and that for me is a shame.
Nezza Faz

Re: Worrying!

Post by Nezza Faz »

Just the back of this season they've fallen apart - but so have Warrington, Hull FC, Hudds etc. Always been something of a fortress at Gilbert Brutus in the past.

As for the future, there's talk in the media of "Magic Weekend" in France, as a follow up to Barca.