KEVIN BROWN ANNOUNCES MOVE TO SALFORD

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

KEVIN BROWN ANNOUNCES MOVE TO SALFORD

Post by josie andrews »

England international Kevin Brown has joined Salford Red Devils for the 2020 Season.

Brown announced his move to the club live on Sky Sports and will add to head coach Ian Watson’s options at halfback, alongside Tongan international Tui Lolohea and England Knights utility player Chris Atkin.

Watson said: “Kevin’s a great player and an important signing for our team.

“Kev has a brilliant rugby mind and is capable of winning games with his smarts and kicking game alone. I can’t wait to work with him next season.

“The level of his organisational skills, knowledge and composure are things which will benefit our whole organisation on and off the field in 2020.

“Kev was the starting half in the World Cup final in 2017 and would have been Warrington’s first choice half this year, which shows his level of performance and experience.

“Our young players will benefit from this massively, especially Tui and Chris.

“This is a big signing for our team, especially considering the leadership he will offer in probably the most important position.”

Brown has made more than 300 appearances at senior level, including 10 for his country.

Director of rugby and operations Ian Blease said: “Bringing in Kevin has been an important part of assembling the squad for next season.

“His experience of playing in big occasions will be invaluable to the younger members of the squad.

“This means the team will be well equipped to perform in matches against the other elite sides in the competition.”

To purchase 2020 Season Tickets and see Brown in action throughout the campaign, click HERE, visit the AJ Bell Stadium Ticket Office, or phone on 0161 786 1570.

https://www.salfordreddevils.net/kevin- ... o-salford/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: KEVIN BROWN ANNOUNCES MOVE TO SALFORD

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I am not sure that Watson is correct about Kev Brown. Playing for Leigh at the weekend he look shot.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:43 pm I am not sure that Watson is correct about Kev Brown. Playing for Leigh at the weekend he look shot.

That was exactly my view after the game, hes a poor replacement for Hastings.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

old hooker wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:35 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:43 pm I am not sure that Watson is correct about Kev Brown. Playing for Leigh at the weekend he look shot.

That was exactly my view after the game, hes a poor replacement for Hastings.
Hes been out all season, give him a preseason and he might do okay.

However i have never been impressed since he left widnes.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

If anyone can get the best out of Brown it’s Ian Watson,wouldn’t be to quick to write brown off