Trinity Confirm End Of Season Departures

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Trinity Confirm End Of Season Departures

Post by josie andrews »

Further to the announcement regarding Danny Kirmond today, the Club can now confirm the players that will leave at the end of November when their contracts expire.

Ryan Hampshire, Anthony England, Tyler Randell, Keegan Hirst, Chris Annakin, Luke Hooley and Lewis Wray are all out of contract.

CEO Michael Carter commented:

“I wish all the players that are leaving us the very best for the future and thank them for the service they have given Wakefield Trinity.

“I’d like to make a special mention regarding Chris Annakin, who was our longest serving player having first joined the Club in 2007. When he was brought back from loan during a crucial time in the season, his attitude and desire were first class to try and help this Club survive despite knowing he would not get a new contract. I cannot thank him enough for his efforts during this spell and indeed over the last 12 years.

“Tyler (Randell) has moved back to Australia for family reasons and he let us know this half way through the year. I wish him and his family all the best for the future.

“I wish Anthony England and Keegan Hirst all the best for the future at their new clubs. Keegan’s try against Wigan at the end of 2017 is still one of my favourite moments at this Club.

“Lewis Wray and Luke Hooley leave without playing a first team game but I still believe they have bright futures in the game, and wish them well.

“And finally, it has not been possible to agree a new deal with Ryan Hampshire, despite every effort being made. I wish him well in the future.”

The loan spells of Morgan Escare, Chris Green and Adam Tangata have now ended and the club thank them for their efforts in the Red, White & Blue.

Academy graduates Oliver Greensmith, Jack Croft, Yusuf Aydin, and Connor Bailey will all join the first team squad next year, joining Johnstone, Tupou, Lyne, Jones-Bishop, Miller, Brough Fifita, Wood, Ashurst, Kirmond, Kopczak, Arona, Arundel, Batchelor, Jowitt, King, Crowther, Kershaw, Gwaze, Tanginoa and Atkins, making a current contracted squad of 25 players. The Club have five new signings to announce shortly and are still trying to add one or two more to those numbers.

https://wakefieldtrinity.com/trinity-co ... epartures/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Trinity Confirm End Of Season Departures

Post by josie andrews »

Looks like Ryan Hampshire has priced himself out of a job!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bertina

Post by bertina »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:11 pm Looks like Ryan Hampshire has priced himself out of a job!
Either the lad has too big of an opinion of his own ability, or he is being given some rank bad advice by somebody else>
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Next stop Fev?
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

bertina wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:11 pm Looks like Ryan Hampshire has priced himself out of a job!
Either the lad has too big of an opinion of his own ability, or he is being given some rank bad advice by somebody else>
Think it’s a bit of both to be honest,the has talent but isn’t going to trouble the GB selectors anytime soon and perhaps he should set his stall out accordingly,he seemed to have settled at Wakefield and now he’s blown it,credit to wakey for sticking to their guns though
endoman

Post by endoman »

Might give them some cash to spend to take Escare?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Looks like Hampshire didn’t know he was being canned until he found out through social media - poor if true

I think with Hampshire Theres clearly an issue with him or the advice he is getting. His main issue seems to be he is effectively a utility player but wants to command the status and deal of top starting halfback.

He’s never been able to hold down a position - he’s always been most successful on the wing in truth

If he is serious about being a halfback or full back he would be better served droppin down a level nailing down a full season in a position and trying to come up with that team
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Has he held down a halfback place at any of the clubs he has been to since being promoted from Wigan academy? If not, needs to give up on the idea and have a reality check.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

He deffo needs to have his bubble burst
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I doubt he was expecting to be released.