Huddersfield sign experienced forward

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Huddersfield sign experienced forward

Post by josie andrews »

Huddersfield Giants have confirmed the signing of Catalans back rower Kenny Edwards.

The 30-year-old has signed a three-year deal with the Giants that will keep him at the club until the end of 2022.

Having made his NRL debut for Parramatta in 2013, Edwards went on to make 70 appearances for the Eels before moving to Perpignan in 2018.

He has since played 39 games for the Dragons, taking his overall appearance tally to over 100.

A hard-running, aggressive second rower, Edwards will plug the gap left by Leeds-bound Alex Mellor in 2020.

“What first led me to the club was Simon Woolford, he made contact with me last year when I was looking to come across to the Super League and tried a couple times to get me to Huddersfield,” said Edwards. “I have also have a good friend I played with at Parramatta, Suaia Matagi.

“Ultimately the opportunity come to really look after my family for the next 3 years and set us up for the future so with all those things I made a desicion to make the move.

“I just want that when I join the group we have a squad that is willing to work hard together and make ourselves better everyday! That’s all we can ask for.. obviously it was a tough year this year for Huddersfield but that is finished now and hopefully we have a fully fit healthy squad ready to rip in come the offseason!”

Huddersfield head coach Simon Woolford added: “We are very excited to be signing someone of the calibre of Kenny Edwards.”

“Kenny is a strong ball carrier who we’ve been looking at for some time. He is an aggressive player who will improve our team and bring something different to the club.

“He can play on the edge or in the middle, and we are looking forward to having someone who possesses the kind of leadership skills that Kenny has.

“We’ve tried to secure his services before, and tried to bring him to the club last year because we wanted someone with the NRL experience that he had – having played over 70 games for Parramatta.”

[/url]https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/huddersf ... ard-22547/[/url]
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan