WESTERMAN SIGNS TWO-YEAR DEAL

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

WESTERMAN SIGNS TWO-YEAR DEAL

Post by josie andrews »

Wakefield Trinity can confirm the signing of Joe Westerman on a two-year deal!

The 29-year old will join up with the squad ahead of the 2020 campaign, having joined from the Black & Whites of Hull FC.

Westerman becomes Chris Chester’s first signing ahead of the 2020 Betfred Super League campaign and more announcements are due shortly!

The loose-forward has a wealth of experience at the top level, with over 300 appearances to his name from spells at Castleford, Hull FC (twice) and Warrington, plus a spell at Toronto in the Betfred Championship.

He has maintained an impressive point-scoring record for a forward throughout his career, crossing for 76 tries and kicking 201 conversions in Super League.

Westerman made his Super League debut in 2008 and made his England debut against Samoa in the 2014 Four Nations.

Despite being a big forward who normally operates in the loose-forward role, Westerman has plenty of skill with the ball and has featured at stand-off on numerous occasions.

Speaking on his move to Trinity, Westerman said: “I’m really looking forward to it. It was a big decision and I thought Wakefield was the right club to join.”

“I know a few of the lads here. I played with Joe (Arundel) at Cas, Reece Lyne at Hull and I’ve also played with Broughy earlier on in my career. I’m looking forward to being part of this squad.

“I was happy with my form in 2019. I had a few little niggles at the start of the year but then I got plenty of games under my belt. For next year, I’m looking to build on that.”

Commenting on the signing of Westerman, Chris Chester added: “To get someone of Joe Westerman’s quality at the club, on a two-year deal, is great news.”

“Joe was in some great form for Hull FC in 2019 and I’m delighted he’ll be in the Red, White & Blue for the next two seasons.

“He’ll add a different dimension to our pack next season. I’m really pleased we’ve managed to secure his signature and I look forward to working with him.”

https://wakefieldtrinity.com/westerman- ... year-deal/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
RonaldPen

Re: WESTERMAN SIGNS TWO-YEAR DEAL

Post by RonaldPen »

I just hope he stays injury-free. I like Westerman.