Bateman to seek upgrade, future clouded at Raiders

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
bertina
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:29 pm

Re: Bateman to seek upgrade, future clouded at Raiders

Post by bertina » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:23 pm

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:41 pm
I am not sure it was a good move by John to make such an announcement in GF week. No doubt that he is worth more than he is getting but there is a time and place for everything.
I'm sure he is now that he's proved he can hack it. But yet again, what about contracts. ?
If Bateman would have struggled in the NRL, i'm sure he wouldn't have wanted a pay cut after 1 year of a 3 year deal.

User avatar
Mike
Site Admin
Posts: 5402
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Bateman to seek upgrade, future clouded at Raiders

Post by Mike » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:06 pm

bertina wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:23 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:41 pm
I am not sure it was a good move by John to make such an announcement in GF week. No doubt that he is worth more than he is getting but there is a time and place for everything.
I'm sure he is now that he's proved he can hack it. But yet again, what about contracts. ?
If Bateman would have struggled in the NRL, i'm sure he wouldn't have wanted a pay cut after 1 year of a 3 year deal.

Yeah but the club might've tried to renegotiate or off load him.

moto748
Posts: 2307
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:30 pm

Re: Bateman to seek upgrade, future clouded at Raiders

Post by moto748 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:29 pm

Mike wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:06 pm


Yeah but the club might've tried to renegotiate or off load him.
We'd have had him back.

DaveO
Posts: 14415
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:32 pm

Re: Bateman to seek upgrade, future clouded at Raiders

Post by DaveO » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:51 am

Mike wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:06 pm
bertina wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:23 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:41 pm
I am not sure it was a good move by John to make such an announcement in GF week. No doubt that he is worth more than he is getting but there is a time and place for everything.
I'm sure he is now that he's proved he can hack it. But yet again, what about contracts. ?
If Bateman would have struggled in the NRL, i'm sure he wouldn't have wanted a pay cut after 1 year of a 3 year deal.

Yeah but the club might've tried to renegotiate or off load him.
And he could have simply refused either option. As I have said before, contracts only work for the benefit of the player.

shaunedwardsfanclub
Posts: 6060
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:08 pm

Re: Bateman to seek upgrade, future clouded at Raiders

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:48 pm

moto748 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:29 pm
Mike wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:06 pm


Yeah but the club might've tried to renegotiate or off load him.
We'd have had him back.
In a heartbeat, but some posters are totally against players being allowed to return from Australia 😮
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards

medlocke
Posts: 8364
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Bateman to seek upgrade, future clouded at Raiders

Post by medlocke » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:51 pm

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:48 pm
moto748 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:29 pm
Mike wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:06 pm


Yeah but the club might've tried to renegotiate or off load him.
We'd have had him back.
In a heartbeat, but some posters are totally against players being allowed to return from Australia 😮
Only when they fail

shaunedwardsfanclub
Posts: 6060
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:08 pm

Re: Bateman to seek upgrade, future clouded at Raiders

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:45 pm

medlocke wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:51 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:48 pm
moto748 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:29 pm


We'd have had him back.
In a heartbeat, but some posters are totally against players being allowed to return from Australia 😮
Only when they fail
What criteria do you use to decide if they failed?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards

medlocke
Posts: 8364
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Bateman to seek upgrade, future clouded at Raiders

Post by medlocke » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:05 pm

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:45 pm
medlocke wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:51 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:48 pm


In a heartbeat, but some posters are totally against players being allowed to return from Australia 😮
Only when they fail
What criteria do you use to decide if they failed?
What criteria do you use to decide if they've succeeded ?

The booze hound
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:05 am

Re: Bateman to seek upgrade, future clouded at Raiders

Post by The booze hound » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:37 pm

medlocke wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:05 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:45 pm
medlocke wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:51 pm


Only when they fail
What criteria do you use to decide if they failed?
What criteria do you use to decide if they've succeeded ?
Let's be honest, generally the successful ones don't come back.

medlocke
Posts: 8364
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Bateman to seek upgrade, future clouded at Raiders

Post by medlocke » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:04 pm

The booze hound wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:37 pm
medlocke wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:05 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:45 pm


What criteria do you use to decide if they failed?
What criteria do you use to decide if they've succeeded ?
Let's be honest, generally the successful ones don't come back.
Exactly

Post Reply