Time for an Australian referee to take grand final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: Aus ref for grand final

Post by fozzieskem »

I’ve always thought Childs had a sound game when he had the grand final a few years back,but has gone backwards since then,Thaler is a show pony,Kendall hopeless that leaves Hicks who is by far the best of them but ballsed up the Challenge cup final with a call that was neither here nor there but he should have sent up
SJ

Re: Time for an Australian referee to take grand final

Post by SJ »

😄😀luved Jobo's comment re having a Wigan S TH Ref. Hilarious !
Bin watching RU World Cup. Aussie referee was brilliant Same quality needed in our game!No chance unfortunately
jobo

Post by jobo »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:55 pm
jobo wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:19 pm
ddtftf wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:15 pm Its time for a neutral ref to referee the grand final I wanted Salford to win but i felt that all calls went against them , in such a big match i would like to see an independent Aus or NZ referee

I reckon the next time the smellys reach any final, the ref should be a Wigan season ticket holder of many years standing. At least then, the neutrals would understand why every decision went against Sts.
If they’d be a season ticket holder they’d still penalise Powell.
Not if it was DaveO :o
moto748

Re: Aus ref for grand final

Post by moto748 »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:00 pm
moto748 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:48 pm I don't recall any glaring errors, but the 50/50s, and, indeed, the 60/40s, all went Saints' way. Wouldn't have altered the result, though.

And as Ted rightly says, the refs in the NRL GF hardly covered themselves in glory.
That’s one game though,most drool over the NRL ref standards don’t they?
I don't know about drool, fozzie; I certainly believe the refs in the NRL are generally better than ours, do you disagree? I don't think that means we should have a foreign ref for a British final. though.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

They have two refs though. Surely we should adopt that system? If we're going to persist with a random ball steal rule let's at least have one red who's only job is to adjudicate on the from close to the tackle.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Mike wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:53 am They have two refs though. Surely we should adopt that system? If we're going to persist with a random ball steal rule let's at least have one red who's only job is to adjudicate on the from close to the tackle.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Well there was talk of that a while back, wasn't there? But ATEOTD the RFL don't seem to have the money or the inclination to bring it forward.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Can members/posters please abide by the site rules please.

It may not be text speak as such but the use of “Urban Dictionary” is just as bad when it is more then three or four letters of which are used commonly 😊

Thank you
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan