Malta Rugby League

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Malta Rugby League

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors halfback Jarrod Sammut, flew into Australia from England on Friday morning to claim Man of the Match honours for Malta 24 hours later in yesterday’s RLIF International Rugby League Test Match

Malta defeated Italy 23 - 22

https://m.facebook.com/MALTARL/#!/stor ... 6091426653
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Malta Rugby League

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Dispels the myth that Sammut was "injured" as the explanation for his non-selection in the team
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
pedro

Post by pedro »

A proper natural half, think he would go well with Hastings also as he can play and is a good runner
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

pedro wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:02 pm A proper natural half, think he would go well with Hastings also as he can play and is a good runner
A good runner? He's slower than Windows95 on dial up.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

The booze hound wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:29 pm
pedro wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:02 pm A proper natural half, think he would go well with Hastings also as he can play and is a good runner
If you are Usain Bolt then I take your point. If however you and he ran for a bus I bet I know who would catch it first and it wouldn't be you my friend.

In the games he played and I physically watched he was not "slow", in fact, when he took players on with the ball he frequently caused their defence issues.

Still it adds to the myth that he can't tackle so now (apparently) he is slow. What next? I'm expecting to read that his kicking game is not that good :roll:
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
pedro

Post by pedro »

hes not slow, fast he isnt but do you have to be to be a good runner?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Fast enough with a good passing game, an excellent kicking game too which we've not had for years.
Sammut and Hastings half backs for me every time.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:52 pm
If you are Usain Bolt then I take your point. If however you and he ran for a bus I bet I know who would catch it first and it wouldn't be you my friend.
Firstly, I would never run for a bus, my friend. I would get there early and be at the front of the queue.
Secondly, it would be more appropriate to compare Sammuts pace to other Superleague halfbacks as the yardstick.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

The booze hound wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:42 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:52 pm

Firstly, I would never run for a bus, my friend. I would get there early and be at the front of the queue.
Secondly, it would be more appropriate to compare Sammuts pace to other Superleague halfbacks as the yardstick.
I would rather have a half that is quick between the ears than one on his legs. Myler anyone??
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

bertina

Post by bertina »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:31 pm Fast enough with a good passing game, an excellent kicking game too which we've not had for years.
Sammut and Hastings half backs for me every time.
I agree Ted. Andy Gregory wasn’t the quickest by any means, and he didn’t do too badly did he.?