Grand Final Sky viewing record

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: Grand Final Sky viewing record

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:06 am
fozzieskem wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:25 pm It was pretty darn full from where I was sat, least till the bobbies arrived to sort out the morons in our section, that cleared a few seats :lol:

But if it was down on the day it was by very much.
Which end were you sat Alan? I’ve never seen police in the East stand before when Wigan have been in there 🤔
We said the same Josie,it half a dozen of them to get them out,so sad.

I was in the Salford end in the right hand bottom corner as you look from behind the sticks,a few KR kit wearing morons followed them out because they threw the flags at stewards because they’d got in the way of their view,as I said I can’t ever remember seeing a policeman,stewards yea kicking drunks out,but not the police.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:35 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:11 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:38 pm https://www.skysports.com/share/11836826

Viewing record set since Super League started.

43% higher than last years final.

10% upturn in viewing towards end of season.

Good news !
The RFL/Super League should ask for an increased payment.
And we give them money back for when the views are under average?

It’s business, there’s a contract, it doesn’t work that way. It should absolutely be used when discussing the next contract though.
There should be bonus payments put into place for when attendances reach over the 20k mark, Give clubs the incentive to try and get their gates up, Obviously not all clubs could pull it off
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

medlocke wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:22 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:11 pm

The RFL/Super League should ask for an increased payment.

It’s business, there’s a contract, it doesn’t work that way. It should absolutely be used when discussing the next contract though.
There should be bonus payments put into place for when attendances reach over the 20k mark, Give clubs the incentive to try and get their gates up, Obviously not all clubs could pull it off
Who would pay this ? Why would they pay this?

Please don’t say it looks better on TV if the stadiums are full.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:41 pm

They should include it within the next deal, And yes it does look good on TV but more fans attending more games can only be good for the sport, A payment of say £10k should surely motivate a lot of clubs to to pull their fingers out with promoting the game locally
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

medlocke wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:47 pm

They should include it within the next deal, And yes it does look good on TV but more fans attending more games can only be good for the sport, A payment of say £10k should surely motivate a lot of clubs to to pull their fingers out with promoting the game locally
I don’t think it’s a good nor realistic idea.

What’s the benefit to Sky in doing it?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:36 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:47 pm

I don’t think it’s a good nor realistic idea.

What’s the benefit to Sky in doing it?
It's the way forward, I'm going to email IL with my idea just like I did with what is now Wigan tv in 2008