George Williams looking to make an immediate impression!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
old hooker

Re: George Williams looking to make an immediate impression!

Post by old hooker »

moto748 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:54 pm There's no doubt Tomkins looked our best player by a distance.

I see confirmation bias upthread from people who don't rate Williams, thinking a few minutes on-field in a sport he's never played in his life before helped to prove their case! :lol:

What I don't get was the logic of playing so many props. The Aussies seemed to manage without any!
Its not bias its fact,good players can play any type of rugby in any conditions but Williams goes missing.Tomkins was outstanding,Widdop not far behind.I do agree with you though why props were selected ,it seems bizarre to me.
bertina

Re: George Williams looking to make an immediate impression!

Post by bertina »

ddtftf wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:26 pm If i was a looking at Williams as our player for next year in the NRL i would be very worried
So would I. I honestly don't get all this hype about George Williams. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but for my money he's certainly not top class. As has been said already, he goes missing too much when the going gets tough, and looks devoid of ideas except for the kick through. You never see him grab the game by the scruff of the neck like you would expect a top notch halfback to do.
I watch a lot of the NRL games, and there are plenty of halves that look better to me than George.
I really hope I'm wrong, but I think he might struggle to make the grade in Australia. We shall see.