New rule needed

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Firestarter

New rule needed

Post by Firestarter »

Im hoping next year something will be done about the voluntary tackle ,allowing players to fall to the floor to avoid a drop out.... im certain the player doing this wont ever get penalized so surely we can tweak the rule slightly...... i think the player doing this should concede two tackles instead of one...... very easy to imply and would counteract the 7 tackle rule..... its a mans game is league and i hate nothing worse than players throwing themselves to the floor to gain an advantage...... in my book it’s cheating but rules are rules
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
wall_of_voodoo

Re: New rule needed

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Refs are already accused of inconsistencies - this would be another knife in the back of the game

So how would a referee adjudicate if a player slipped or deliberately went down? Can't patrol the ball steal well enough for my liking to allow for this.

If you wanted rule tweaks then stop players going down and the game being constantly stopped for what always turns out to be minor knocks. Serious injuries I have no problem and they are usually obvious. Just when players blatantly "milk" a few minutes stoppage when under pressure gets my goat

Take the ball off the "injured" player and move the ptb 10 yards infield to continue the game whilst the "injured" players get whatever they need.
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:39 pm Refs are already accused of inconsistencies - this would be another knife in the back of the game

So how would a referee adjudicate if a player slipped or deliberately went down? Can't patrol the ball steal well enough for my liking to allow for this.

If you wanted rule tweaks then stop players going down and the game being constantly stopped for what always turns out to be minor knocks. Serious injuries I have no problem and they are usually obvious. Just when players blatantly "milk" a few minutes stoppage when under pressure gets my goat

Take the ball off the "injured" player and move the ptb 10 yards infield to continue the game whilst the "injured" players get whatever they need.
i get what you mean vodoo but how many players are faking the slip??? Its a crappy ploy that makes the game look ugly.....i cant think of a better way to clean it up atm
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:45 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:39 pm Refs are already accused of inconsistencies - this would be another knife in the back of the game

i get what you mean vodoo but how many players are faking the slip??? Its a crappy ploy that makes the game look ugly.....i cant think of a better way to clean it up atm
ohhh and theres an easy way to stop the 50/50 ball steal rule...... just allow it, no matter how many players in the tackle
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:46 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:45 pm

ohhh and theres an easy way to stop the 50/50 ball steal rule...... just allow it, no matter how many players in the tackle
Agreed,sometimes you simply can't see who's stripped the ball after a few replays so how on earth can a ref see it in real time?

As you say allow it
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

We already have the "surrender" call that allows the defence an extra period of holding down. I'm always supprised that pretty much 50% of tackles are called surrender tackles these days. Pretty much every drive that ends with the player on their front is called surrender by some refs.

For ball steals, if we're going to keep the rule, I'd even up the decisions and make it a scrum both ways. The ref making a random call has too much influence if one side is a penalty and the other is a scrum. You can keep the penalty for a "deliberate" ball steal for really bad ones, but in the majority of cases the ref can call accidental ball steal and you concede effectively another set of 6 from where the offence took place not 20 metres down the field.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

I'm old enough to remember when this was the rule. 🤨
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

ian.birchall wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:21 pm

I'm old enough to remember when this was the rule. 🤨
I thought it still was. The refs are only supposed to grant a stoppage for head or serious injuries. But that has now become all injuries. I guess its only the same as the rules around the scrum feed. The law didn't change, but the refs just intepret it differently.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐