Leeds fined for Salary Cap Breach.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Leeds fined for Salary Cap Breach.

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:19 pm
fozzieskem wrote:
DaveO wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:47 pm

No, not having it that this is the fair application of a sensible new policy (has the policy actually changed anyway?). Wigan’s breach was £14,700, not £55,000.

In Wigan’s case the points deduction has been suspended until March 2020. If Wigan make another breach we lose two points next season while Leeds having gone over the cap several times to reach that total get off with a fine!

We are still in effect being punished. They aren’t.
Only going off league express that it had been changed and let’s be fair here Wigan have form and plenty of it Wigan deserved the fine and the suspended points,I’m sorry but the club does.

It’s down to the club to police itself,again Wigan are paying for the crimes of the past but tough,they took it to a tribunal and have to adhere to their ruling,Leeds haven’t gone over ever I’m lead to believe so they gets the fine,simple as that

I dont agree with the cap and never will it hasn’t evened the playing field whatsoever so for me the simple thing is to do away with it,it’s an artificial Ceiling,clubs should in this day and age be able to budget themselves,and to those who say it’s levels the field I say how many have won the SL for their answer.

Of course the biggest laugh is Leeds broke the cap with one of their worst sides in living memory
Regardless of past breaches two points deducted for £14,700 paid to an agent was ridiculous and the fact they only suspended it was as well.

On the other hand I think £55k Leeds overspent paying actual players is a pretty serious breach. It’s the wage of an extra decent player.
And they broke it on several occasions throughout the season, and it only came to light due to an audit. It is more than just coincidence. If we are going to continue with the salary cap then personally I would like the overspend to be deducted from next season.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:43 am
DaveO wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:19 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Only going off league express that it had been changed and let’s be fair here Wigan have form and plenty of it Wigan deserved the fine and the suspended points,I’m sorry but the club does.

It’s down to the club to police itself,again Wigan are paying for the crimes of the past but tough,they took it to a tribunal and have to adhere to their ruling,Leeds haven’t gone over ever I’m lead to believe so they gets the fine,simple as that

I dont agree with the cap and never will it hasn’t evened the playing field whatsoever so for me the simple thing is to do away with it,it’s an artificial Ceiling,clubs should in this day and age be able to budget themselves,and to those who say it’s levels the field I say how many have won the SL for their answer.

Of course the biggest laugh is Leeds broke the cap with one of their worst sides in living memory
Regardless of past breaches two points deducted for £14,700 paid to an agent was ridiculous and the fact they only suspended it was as well.

On the other hand I think £55k Leeds overspent paying actual players is a pretty serious breach. It’s the wage of an extra decent player.
And they broke it on several occasions throughout the season, and it only came to light due to an audit. It is more than just coincidence. If we are going to continue with the salary cap then personally I would like the overspend to be deducted from next season.
Which of course is what happened to Wigan,it’s clear to me it’s not being monitored each week as it’s supposed to be,(can the sport afford it to be fair).

I’m slightly different in terms of punishment,you overspend (and it happens let’s be fair) say by 15,000,then the fine should match it up to say a limit of 100k,if the clubs are insisting on carrying on with this self imposed cap then they should be able to police it,and be fined a clear and fair manner if they mess up.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: crooked bastards