Leeds fined for Salary Cap Breach.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
AndyNick

Leeds fined for Salary Cap Breach.

Post by AndyNick »

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/55 ... eds-rhinos

I seem to have some recollection about a points deduction and us being branded cheats over something rather similar not too long ago.
Caboosegg

Re: Leeds fined for Salary Cap Breach.

Post by Caboosegg »

So they actually break the cap and get a fine.

Ours was Agent fees we get points 😂
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Scum club, The RFL'S love child get away with a teeny fine yet we get paraded round like the scum of the world for far less, You couldn't make it up
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Sounds like it wasn't even "an error". So 4 intentional breaches of 50K = 10K fine and no points deduction.

Double standards. :!:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Matt Parcell also had his contract extended at the start of the season and whilst the increased monthly payments were paid the contract wasn’t signed and lodged with the RFL until the end of the season and those combined breaches created the breach we now accept.

The bulleth can smelleth the poopeth.

Not declaring increased contracts.... isnt that something wigan got done for years ago and deducted points?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I don’t have an issue with it,they’ve got caught been fined the sport moves on,given the turn over of players last season I’d have been amazed if they hadn’t gone over at some point.

When Wigan where up before the beak everyone was saying there has to be a sensible way of dining clubs that didn’t involve rugby leagues favourite past time of taking points away,the clubs themselves have put in place a sanction that they’re happy with is something fans will have to live with.

Of course the clubs themselves could I assume vote to remove the cap is another matter and would of course remove any cap breaches in the future
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:59 pm
Of course the clubs themselves could I assume vote to remove the cap is another matter and would of course remove any cap breaches in the future
Something has got to "give" over the salary cap. I can envisage it being increased to take into account the reformed reserves league and the years of salary cap stagnation that the fat controller presided over
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:I don’t have an issue with it,they’ve got caught been fined the sport moves on,given the turn over of players last season I’d have been amazed if they hadn’t gone over at some point.

When Wigan where up before the beak everyone was saying there has to be a sensible way of dining clubs that didn’t involve rugby leagues favourite past time of taking points away,the clubs themselves have put in place a sanction that they’re happy with is something fans will have to live with.

No, not having it that this is the fair application of a sensible new policy (has the policy actually changed anyway?). Wigan’s breach was £14,700, not £55,000.

In Wigan’s case the points deduction has been suspended until March 2020. If Wigan make another breach we lose two points next season while Leeds having gone over the cap several times to reach that total get off with a fine!

We are still in effect being punished. They aren’t.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:47 pm
fozzieskem wrote:I don’t have an issue with it,they’ve got caught been fined the sport moves on,given the turn over of players last season I’d have been amazed if they hadn’t gone over at some point.

No, not having it that this is the fair application of a sensible new policy (has the policy actually changed anyway?). Wigan’s breach was £14,700, not £55,000.

In Wigan’s case the points deduction has been suspended until March 2020. If Wigan make another breach we lose two points next season while Leeds having gone over the cap several times to reach that total get off with a fine!

Only going off league express that it had been changed and let’s be fair here Wigan have form and plenty of it Wigan deserved the fine and the suspended points,I’m sorry but the club does.

It’s down to the club to police itself,again Wigan are paying for the crimes of the past but tough,they took it to a tribunal and have to adhere to their ruling,Leeds haven’t gone over ever I’m lead to believe so they gets the fine,simple as that

I dont agree with the cap and never will it hasn’t evened the playing field whatsoever so for me the simple thing is to do away with it,it’s an artificial Ceiling,clubs should in this day and age be able to budget themselves,and to those who say it’s levels the field I say how many have won the SL for their answer.

Of course the biggest laugh is Leeds broke the cap with one of their worst sides in living memory
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:
DaveO wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:47 pm

Only going off league express that it had been changed and let’s be fair here Wigan have form and plenty of it Wigan deserved the fine and the suspended points,I’m sorry but the club does.

It’s down to the club to police itself,again Wigan are paying for the crimes of the past but tough,they took it to a tribunal and have to adhere to their ruling,Leeds haven’t gone over ever I’m lead to believe so they gets the fine,simple as that

I dont agree with the cap and never will it hasn’t evened the playing field whatsoever so for me the simple thing is to do away with it,it’s an artificial Ceiling,clubs should in this day and age be able to budget themselves,and to those who say it’s levels the field I say how many have won the SL for their answer.

Of course the biggest laugh is Leeds broke the cap with one of their worst sides in living memory
Regardless of past breaches two points deducted for £14,700 paid to an agent was ridiculous and the fact they only suspended it was as well.

On the other hand I think £55k Leeds overspent paying actual players is a pretty serious breach. It’s the wage of an extra decent player.