Interesting Article

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Interesting Article

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/50057123

Interesting little bit for me;
For Fielden, that period of reflection came in 2010 when Wigan appointed Australian coach Michael Maguire, who placed an emphasis on improving his players' emotional intelligence.

Each player wrote anonymous reports on every other member of the squad, which were then given to the respective player to read. When Fielden received his, he had been described as selfish and difficult to be around by his team-mates.

"I just thought if I took myself away, sit in the corner, read my book, I can wallow in my own grief or self-pity and it doesn't matter," he adds.

"The awareness is, 'Actually it does matter. I'm one of the most experienced players and coming in moody or not moody matters massively'. At the time, for many years, I didn't think it did. I just assumed it was alright - it wasn't."
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
nathan_rugby

Re: Interesting Article

Post by nathan_rugby »

Cracking article.

Always knew the Mason knockout punch on Fielden left a long lasting impression but never knew all of the bits about his mother, depression etc.

Interesting bit about Madge and improving the EI of the players.

Also nice reminder as to how great of a player Leon pryce was. Now he was a player that could play anywhere across the back line. You don’t often get players that can do wing and stand off.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Re: Interesting Article

Post by josie andrews »

Good read 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan