Former Wigan star checked into mental health facility

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Former Wigan star checked into mental health facility

Post by josie andrews »

Former Wigan stand-off Brett Finch has been checked in to a mental health facility following an incident on a plane journey, according to the Australian Daily Telegraph.

The 38-year-old was seen looking pale with a bloodied nose while asleep on a flight from Sydney to the Gold Coast last week.

He looked like he couldn’t bring himself to get off the plane. White as a ghost, couldn’t control his runny nose and (appeared) paranoid,” a passenger told the Telegraph.

“He wasn’t abusive. He just didn’t want to get off the plane, like he was scared about something.

“The captain came out, they had to call the fire service and ambulance to get him off.”

Finch has previously spoken of how he “hit rock-bottom” following his retirement from the game in 2013.

He has been admitted into mental health facilities on three occasions in the past to deal with his issues.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/former- ... ity-23693/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bertina

Re: Former Wigan star checked into mental health facility

Post by bertina »

Poor guy. I hope they manage to help him sort his problems out.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

bertina wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:58 pm Poor guy. I hope they manage to help him sort his problems out.
I fully agree.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Brett Dallas now Brett Finch! So very sad to see their lives unravelling after retiring from the game 😢
I really do hope they both get the help they deserve & make a full recovery.

#StateofMind
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:08 am Brett Dallas now Brett Finch! So very sad to see their lives unravelling after retiring from the game 😢
I really do hope they both get the help they deserve & make a full recovery.

#StateofMind
One of the things,it seems to me that Wigan in particular do well is prepare these lads for life after the game,ours isn’t a rich sport so a trade of a decent education is vital for them when it’s time to hang up the boots.

You can’t babysit them once it’s all over of course but if they’re at least given the tools to succeed post rugby they have a chance of living a normal life
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Its unusual in finchets case has he is heavily involved with the commentary side of the game still
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE