Catalans make halfback signing

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Catalans make halfback signing

Post by josie andrews »

Catalans have completed the signing of Josh Drinkwater on a two-year contract.

The 27-year-old spent a half a season with the Dragons in 2018, scoring nine tries and 75 goals in 21 games, as well as being part of their Challenge Cup winning squad.

He then made the move to Hull KR for 2019 but has now returned to the South of France after being released by Rovers.

He has also had spells with London, Wests Tigers and Leigh after beginning his career with St George in 2013.

“I am very happy to be returning to the club,” he said. “Winning the Challenge Cup was a moment I won’t forget and hopefully we can have more moments like that.

“I’m excited to start the preseason with the boys and to run out again in front of the passionate Catalans fans.”

Catalans head coach Steve McNamara added: “We are happy to welcome Josh back to the Dragons. He is a player who knows the team and the area really well after his previous time with us.

“Our club suits Josh and Josh suits our club, we look forward to the qualities both as a player and a person that we know he will bring.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/catalans ... ing-23830/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan