Fancy diving

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
medlocke

Re: Fancy diving

Post by medlocke »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:46 pm
medlocke wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:47 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:22 pm
My thoughts,pretty much Meds,it’s just not the same at all,plus crap standard and poor selection all adds up to disinterest for me
Jesus, I just watched the highlights, What a pathetic attempt, Why didn't he just barge over, He's big enough, Neither him or Hall should start next week, Would rather put up with Burgess and Grace than watch that again
The whole selection process was poor from the outset,why was Hall certainly near the squad other than he saved on an air fare,I’m no fan of Grace and indeed think he would have been destroyed by Tonga at least he had pace,as for Coote,magilvary again players who shouldn’t have been there,Coote has been exposed for me as an average player but one who plays very well in Holbrooks St Helens side.

As for Great Britain lions,is it just after 12 years out of commission the concept has reached its natural end?
Or could it be we lack the superstar players we once had
moto748

Post by moto748 »

As for McGillvary, you could make a plausible case that he wasn't fancy enough! If he'd held the ball in his right hand, he could have fended the defender with his left, as many wingers do. Either do that, or, as suggested, go low. Both are better options than his effort.

As for GB, the concept isn't doomed because of a couple of ordinary performances. As others have said, we had an ageing, slow and out-of-form side, and no discernable tactical plan.

Bennett OUT!!!

I never wanted him in the first place, and he has never done a thing to make me change my mind.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Not often I agree with J Davis but he made the point that he really ought to have scored that.

Mind you it’s a fairly obvious point to make. Hope he got a right telling off by the coach. Very unprofessional play you can’t afford at this level.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

whilst i think that McGillvary should have scored, i think it also highlights that you need players playing in their natural positions. I am not blaming Hardaker, but does anyone else think that he could have passed earlier or taken on the line himself (little dummy and back himself against the inside defender?) In games at the top level you have a split second to make a decision. As its not his natural position did he make the right decision or time that decision right?
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

medlocke wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:44 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:33 am Lost first test coz our winger decided to look cool rather than diving in low and hard....... meds wont be happy
I must have missed that, If I had seen it the neighbours would have known about it :D , I turned it off after 47 minutes I was that bored and it had already been spoilt for me by the RFL on Facebook.

The RFL sure have managed to kill off what GB meant just so they could have a shitty world cup, There's deffo something missing whether that be passion or pride in the shirt I don't know but it just didn't feel like the big special occasion that it used to be, The lack of intensity is unbelievable or could it just be down to crap standard of Rugby being played in the modern era
My thoughts,pretty much Meds,it’s just not the same at all,plus crap standard and poor selection all adds up to disinterest for me
An uninterested coach is the problem!!
Waney's time has surely come!?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:41 am
medlocke wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:44 pm
I must have missed that, If I had seen it the neighbours would have known about it :D , I turned it off after 47 minutes I was that bored and it had already been spoilt for me by the RFL on Facebook.

The RFL sure have managed to kill off what GB meant just so they could have a shitty world cup, There's deffo something missing whether that be passion or pride in the shirt I don't know but it just didn't feel like the big special occasion that it used to be, The lack of intensity is unbelievable or could it just be down to crap standard of Rugby being played in the modern era
An uninterested coach is the problem!!
Waney's time has surely come!?
The trouble is with the concept in years past it was a broad cross section of the country as the sport could persuade stars to come from union,now its England that’s playing ( bar the Aussies of course) and it’s fooling no one to be honest.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

the pieman wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:51 am whilst i think that McGillvary should have scored, i think it also highlights that you need players playing in their natural positions. I am not blaming Hardaker, but does anyone else think that he could have passed earlier or taken on the line himself (little dummy and back himself against the inside defender?) In games at the top level you have a split second to make a decision. As its not his natural position did he make the right decision or time that decision right?
Spot on!
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Well with kick off at daft o'clock I only watched the second half.

Didn't miss much if what I saw in the second half was replicated from the first. Too much interference, too much slowing and laying in the ruck. Like I was watching Huddersfield

Forward had solid game but boy we have NO creativity in this side. For what it's worth (again) my thoughts

1 Lomax - didn't see much of him making little impact but at least not as poor as Coote.
2 McGillvary - old/slow/crap take your pick. Made decent caries last week. This week plain dreadful as has already been highlighted.
3. Hardaker - again looked "lost" in the centres with limited ball
4. Connor - did he play?
5 Hall - ditto McGillvary now with a dislocated knee means the end for him in representatives surely?
6. Widdop - poor again and what good possession we had gave away cheaply with crap kicks. If I was a wire fan I would be worried about what to expect
7. Hastings - like the test v Tonga. Hampered by playing to tight structures. When allowed to play what he sees caused the Kiwis problems.
8. Hill - Came on late in the second half and didn't notice him
9. Hodgson - Utter crap. The most over-rated GB player
10. Burgess - Actually ran the ball hard and direct and looked good for that
11. Bateman - Not at his best but still best of a poor bunch of back rows
12. Whitehead - rather have pimplebottom in the side. More utter Canberra crap
13. Graham - old/slow/poor and looking like a bad imitation of Lockers

14. Jones - Did nothing
15. Clarke - better than Hodgeson in his 15 minutes as all you can say
16. Philbin - ran exactly as he does in SL and got snotted. Needs to play "cleverer" than that
17. Walmsley - one of the better forwards and must surely be getting interest from Aussies sides

Wayne Bennett. I think Brian Carney summed up - England coach, should NOT be coach of GB. Shaun Wane's time back in the limelight is surely coming
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: