NRL Grand Final star set for Huddersfield move

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

NRL Grand Final star set for Huddersfield move

Post by josie andrews »

With the Canberra Raiders re-signing Sam Williams on a two-year-deal and English International half George Williams joining the side, Aiden Sezer is set to exit the ACT and head over to England.

Whilst sources close to Sezer have stated that there are “still a few hoops to jump through”, the half has made a verbal agreement to join the Huddersfield Giants.

This move will give a huge boost to the Giants who finished just two points above the relegation zone in 2019.

The deal should be confirmed relatively soon, so stay tuned.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/raiders- ... ove-23950/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bertina

Re: NRL Grand Final star set for Huddersfield move

Post by bertina »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:49 am With the Canberra Raiders re-signing Sam Williams on a two-year-deal and English International half George Williams joining the side, Aiden Sezer is set to exit the ACT and head over to England.

Whilst sources close to Sezer have stated that there are “still a few hoops to jump through”, the half has made a verbal agreement to join the Huddersfield Giants.

This move will give a huge boost to the Giants who finished just two points above the relegation zone in 2019.

I’d be proper concerned if I was a Canberra fan, to be losing Adam Sezer and replacing him with George Williams.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I'd sign this lad on a two year deal.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

bertina wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:56 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:49 am With the Canberra Raiders re-signing Sam Williams on a two-year-deal and English International half George Williams joining the side, Aiden Sezer is set to exit the ACT and head over to England.

I’d be proper concerned if I was a Canberra fan, to be losing Adam Sezer and replacing him with George Williams.
Time will tell.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:43 pm I'd sign this lad on a two year deal.
We should have had him tied down when the Williams deal was done, Lenagan dropped bollock on that one, Hastings and Sezer is more appetising than Hastings and Lulu :D
bertina

Post by bertina »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:43 pm I'd sign this lad on a two year deal.
Not half.!!
Hastings and Sezer in the halves would be different class to any other SL team.
bertina

Post by bertina »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:44 pm
bertina wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:56 pm

Time will tell.
[/quote
Of course. But from what I’ve seen, Sezer seems to have more in his locker than George. As you say, time will tell.
One thing is for sure, George had better be up and running sharpish or the crowd will be on his case big time. Going over there with a big reputation is one thing, living up to it is another. Especially as a half back.