Rob Burrow

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
boggart

Rob Burrow

Post by boggart »

So, so sad to hear about Rob Burrow. I don't know any medical details, but you have to wonder whether its another result of blows to the head. On the other hand, what a sensational publicity team he's make with Doddie Weir. I wonder if they've been in touch?
boggart

Re: Rob Burrow

Post by boggart »

I've just read the post in the 'General' box. Similar comments..........but in the right place. Apols.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Thoughts are with him at this awful time.
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

I've just watched the interview with Rob and Tanya Arnold, and it is so heartbreaking to watch. Tanya is visibly emotional as he tells his story of his diagnosis of this awful illness. But it was lovely to see Kevin Sinfield step in and console Rob as the emotion got the better of him. Great that the online fund has topped £100,000 which will support his treatment and his wife and young family. This wonderful person, and true gentleman needs all the support he can get and I'm sure the rugby league family will join together to provide it. Keep going Rob. Mine and my family's hearts go out to you.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

I would hope the fund goes way past the £150k fund, his young children will need a lot more support than that.
I would hope we all use it as a reason to cut down on a couple of pints each evening up to New Year and donate the cash to the fund.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Video of him receiving the American football jersey and cap touched me. His voice has already started to get effected and he’s looking abit gaunt already.
Awful illness, it’s such a shame
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Great to see what rugby league can do today,was a tough watch though at the end of the match.
Good luck to him,he's going to need it.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Didn't see the game but watched Rob's post match interview on skysports. I think the rugby league community/family as a whole should be really proud and I thought it was fantastic to see Headingly sold out. I suppose sometimes support in numbers is far better than any amount of money raised!

Emotional interview but Rob seems still very determined to fight on! Keep marching on Rob!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Just as a testimonial should be, new side for the first half and a chance to see greats from yesteryear in the closing stages, great crowd too sometimes life transcends everything and this was one of those times.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Mickw wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:05 pm Great to see what rugby league can do today,was a tough watch though at the end of the match.
Good luck to him,he's going to need it.
Plus one from me Mickw. Rob Is a great bloke with a big heart and it's a bit rotten that this type of thing happens to the ones who least deserve it