Is ex-Wigan Warriors coach Shaun Wane in the England frame?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Caboosegg

Re: Is ex-Wigan Warriors coach Shaun Wane in the England frame?

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:36 am If Wane is in the frame then we are desperate.

He’d coach England the same way he coached Wigan and so the forwards would all be told to drop to the deck on contact for a quick PTB and the wingers told to make the yards in their own 20m.

It would take a half decent Aussie coach five minutes to suss this out and I think we’d get mullered.

Sure he’d have better players across the park but props like Graham and Burgess would be wasted.
You have no idea how he would coach England, neither do i. Hed have different assistants access to better players and its a different type of game.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:36 am If Wane is in the frame then we are desperate.

He’d coach England the same way he coached Wigan and so the forwards would all be told to drop to the deck on contact for a quick PTB and the wingers told to make the yards in their own 20m.

It would take a half decent Aussie coach five minutes to suss this out and I think we’d get mullered.

Sure he’d have better players across the park but props like Graham and Burgess would be wasted.
I disagree with this

Wanes limited game plan over a season was flawed - but he proved with wigan that in big games he usually found a way to win - thats because in big games you tend to need a simple easy game plan not some over complex way of working

If youre pulling disparate players from clubs and have to get them working within a few weeks well then keeping it basics and simple is what wins games. Also Wane has proven to be a great motivator

I think his weaknesses were more season length performance and style of play
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Good to have a Wane thread. It gives the moaners a chance to warm up for the new season. Before long we'll be reminded of Powell's and Isa's weaknesses, which should take us into March.

Surely by then we'll have a replacement for Matty Smith and George Williams as the new whipping boy. My money is on French.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Wane will certainly put some pride back into the team, he is an excellent motivator and wears his heart onhis sleeve.Unfortunately he would be inheriting a side that has lost its best player in Sam Burgess and the other class players are past their best in Graham,Lockers,Widdop, Sam T, Ryan Hall and Roby.He would have a hell of a job winning a world cup with what is left.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I heard 4 weeks ago that Wayne had got the job so hope its true mmm
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

I'd be really ok with Wane as coach, he has winning credentials and beaten an Aussie NRL team, not too many done that. I think he's a player's type coach and have no doubt elite International players would buy into his methods.
And to strengthen his arm even more, I'd have Ian Watson as his assistant - then there's no excuses for any part of their game plan.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

old hooker wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:29 pm Wane will certainly put some pride back into the team, he is an excellent motivator and wears his heart onhis sleeve.Unfortunately he would be inheriting a side that has lost its best player in Sam Burgess and the other class players are past their best in Graham,Lockers,Widdop, Sam T, Ryan Hall and Roby.He would have a hell of a job winning a world cup with what is left.
I agree 100% with this post
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE