SUPER LEAGUE SET FOR NEW TV SHOW & DOCUMENTARY

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

SUPER LEAGUE SET FOR NEW TV SHOW & DOCUMENTARY

Post by josie andrews »

BETFRED SUPER LEAGUE TO LAUNCH NEW WEEKLY TV SHOW AND DOCUMENTARY ON SKY SPORTS

Betfred Super League is delighted to announce details of a new television show, and documentary series, to be shown on Sky Sports.

Inside Super League will be an hour long and produced by the award-winning film company The City Talking.

It will air every Wednesday evening throughout the 2020 season on Sky Sports Arena (7pm and 10pm, repeated on Thursdays).

Presented by broadcaster Will Perry, Inside Super League will have big-name studio guests and comprise in-depth interviews, features, sharp analysis and previews of live matches on Sky Sports.

Perry will be joined by former Leeds Rhinos player and Man of Steel panellist Lois Forsell, who will co-present sections of the show.

The City Talking founder Lee Hicken, who is also Super League’s creative director, said: “This is going to be a big twelve months for Super League content.

“We have made great strides over the past year and we are delighted that we have the opportunity to make a show that is fresh and targets a new audience.

“We are also delighted that Sky Sports have chosen to back it.”

Steve Smith, Executive Director, Content at Sky Sports added: “As the excitement ramps up for another Betfred Super League season, we’re pleased to be able to offer Sky Sports viewers a refreshed and updated show that characterises the sport’s growth over recent years.

“Inside Super League will offer the rugby league fanbase fantastic behind the scenes access to their teams and the league as a whole.”

Presenter Will Perry said: “I have really enjoyed my time hosting Super League’s Out of Your League podcast with Jon [Wilkin] and Mark [Flanagan] - and I hope to be able to continue to do that.

“What I have gained from being around those two is a huge appreciation for rugby league and the people in it.

“It’s a sport full of great characters with some brilliant stories to tell and this show is going to be another vehicle for doing that.”

Inside Super League isn’t the only project that The City Talking have been working towards in the off season.

Following their recent success with a high-profile documentary series about Leeds United, they were granted unprecedented behind-the-scenes access to Super League clubs for the 2019 season.

We Play League, an access-all-areas four-part series, will also be released next week on Sky Sports.

Hicken added: “You have never seen Super League like this before.

“We are so pleased with how it has turned out and when people watch I think they will be amazed at some of the stories we’ve been able to tell.”

Betfred Super League Executive Chairman Robert Elstone added: “This all forms part of an ambitious outlook that has gathered pace in Super League over the past twelve months.

“We expect our content to make a big impact in 2020 and it will play a major role in broadening the wider appeal of Super League.

“We’re really excited by the potential of Inside Super League - but also the We Play League documentary, which really takes you behind the scenes and shows what our sport is all about.

“As ever, we are delighted to have Sky Sports on board.”

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/1 ... ocumentary
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Re: SUPER LEAGUE SET FOR NEW TV SHOW & DOCUMENTARY

Post by jobo »

Good news and about time.