SL & RFL face decision on Israel Folau as Catalans chase controversial star

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: SL & RFL face decision on Israel Folau as Catalans chase controversial star

Post by fozzieskem »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:21 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:55 pm Wigan to hold a pride day excellent move by the club https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/202 ... -pride-day
Against the club that has just signed Folau . That can't just be a coincidence. A bit of point making there methinks. Everyone is entitled to there opinion regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Regards EW
Oh I agree very much intentional by the club,my money is on him having a hamstring pull for that game though
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Richymac wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:52 pm The guy’s a moron. In the 21st century how anyone could hold his beliefs is beyond me.

There’s freedom of speech and then there’s being an uneducated idiot.

The NRL, Australian RU and English RU have all said they don’t want him in their leagues (using their free speech, not PC brigade nonsense) Really bad publicity move from SL letting this happen.

Can I also say that his ‘beliefs’ are simply that ‘beliefs’ not based in fact or truth. They’re disgusting and when left unchallenged can turn into something quite horrible.

He can say what he wants but he’s screwed up his big money career in Oz. Maybe his beliefs don’t tally up in a modern society?

I personally wouldn’t want someone of his character at our club. And that’s my freedom of speech.
And you are every bit entitled to your opinion just as Mr Folau is his .

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

FAO:Caboosegg

Big Bang Theory is based in science. Folau's bigotry isn't. Quite the opposite.

Christianity is very broad. A very good friend of mine is a practicing Christian and Union fan and finds Folau's comments disgusting and was glad when he was banned. So maybe don't talk for a whole religion?

We are possibly the most secular country in the world. Meaning that in general there's more credence given to people with intelligent, scientific, balanced and well thought out ideologies. Folau is the antithesis of this.

Many will be angered at his appointment and rightly so. After all it's just people using their freedom of speech? Wouldn't want to silence people's freedom of speech would we?

You of course are entitled to your opinion. As am I. However having received and seen horrific homophobic abuse I find it disheartening that in the 21st century this guy is allowed to spout that rubbish.

Sorry for going on but I have been subject to abuse from homophobes for years and perpetuating it in the way Folau does doesn't help. He could just keep his religious views to himself?
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:27 pm
Richymac wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:52 pm The guy’s a moron. In the 21st century how anyone could hold his beliefs is beyond me.

The NRL, Australian RU and English RU have all said they don’t want him in their leagues (using their free speech, not PC brigade nonsense) Really bad publicity move from SL letting this happen.

Can I also say that his ‘beliefs’ are simply that ‘beliefs’ not based in fact or truth. They’re disgusting and when left unchallenged can turn into something quite horrible.

He can say what he wants but he’s screwed up his big money career in Oz. Maybe his beliefs don’t tally up in a modern society?

I personally wouldn’t want someone of his character at our club. And that’s my freedom of speech.

Regards EW
Yeah I know, sorry just a bit of a difficult topic for me.

Being attacked for being gay is something that me and my friends endure a lot. Find it deplorable how someone could believe homosexuals are less than.

Don't think I will post on this thread again. Gets me riled up :x
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Richymac wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:38 pm
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:27 pm

Regards EW
Yeah I know, sorry just a bit of a difficult topic for me.

Being attacked for being gay is something that me and my friends endure a lot. Find it deplorable how someone could believe homosexuals are less than.

Don't think I will post on this thread again. Gets me riled up :x

Not a problem mate . Just expressing an opinion re freedom of speech. Not judging anybody.

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:24 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:55 pm Wigan to hold a pride day excellent move by the club https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/202 ... -pride-day
Against the club that has just signed Folau . That can't just be a coincidence. A bit of point making there methinks. Everyone is entitled to there opinion regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Regards EW
Oh I agree very much intentional by the club,my money is on him having a hamstring pull for that game though
My money is on me having one as well! I have nothing against gay people, in fact I have a couple of very good friends who are gay, but Wigan’s stance is pitiful. I am sick to death of having this rammed down my throat, are we not all equal? If not, why are we not having a heterosexual day?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I think it’s safe to say the sport will be on the news at some point today.

I just find it staggering he’s been allowed in but again if no charges have been brought (shame there isn’t a criminal offence for being an idiot) the only thing I can think of is restraint of trade?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:59 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:24 pm

Regards EW
My money is on me having one as well! I have nothing against gay people, in fact I have a couple of very good friends who are gay, but Wigan’s stance is pitiful. I am sick to death of having this rammed down my throat, are we not all equal? If not, why are we not having a heterosexual day?
Mainly because,and it’s just an assumption on my part,gay and lesbians have had it pretty bad over the years and like to celebrate that finally they’re seen as equals?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

medlocke wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:49 am When did the world become so PC ffs, Political Correctness is destroying everything, He has strong religious views yet when he says them in public he is suddenly more evil than Hitler and Chairman Mao combined, I don't agree with what he said but he had a right to say it but then he should have realised that only certain groups of people are allowed to be outspoken and it's usually the ones who get triggered by what others say, Any fan with a problem should have a think back to when Warrington signed a bloke who liked letting his dog lick his twig and giggleberries, Where was the worldwide condemnation then, If he wants to sign then let him sign and let his rugby do the talking
Where was the world when a certain MP called Lammy accused half of the population as being Nazis!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Everyone is equal. End of. If Folau has an issue tough sh!t.

Respect and love makes the world go round.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame