Noble leaves Toronto

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

Noble leaves Toronto

Post by ancientnloyal »

It’s all getting a bit dramatic
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Re: Noble leaves Toronto

Post by josie andrews »

ancientnloyal wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:36 am It’s all getting a bit dramatic
You know better than to not post the link .. naughty 😉

Toronto Wolfpack and Brian Noble Agree to Part Ways
20/02/2020

Today it is announced that the Toronto Wolfpack and Brian Noble have mutually agreed to a release from the remainder of his contract with the Club. Brian had been the Director of Rugby for the Wolfpack since the Club’s inception in 2016 and responsible for overseeing player development, recruitment and managing the day to day activities for the players and coaching staff.

Bob Hunter, Toronto Wolfpack Chairman and CEO commented:

“Brian has been an invaluable resource and asset to our organization right from the beginning. Our promotion into Super League wouldn’t have been possible without him. I don’t just speak for myself, but for the entire organization, as we wish Nobby the absolute best and can’t thank him enough for what he has meant to our Club.”

Brian Noble added:

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Toronto Wolfpack and have so much pride in helping this organization grow and to see us blaze a trail for Rugby League in North America. It has been an experience that I’ll never forget and feel it’s one of my greatest accomplishments. I have been considering my future since the beginning of the year and I feel that now is the right time for me to move to a new challenge in the game. My mission has been achieved with the delivery of a strong football infrastructure for the Club both in Toronto and the UK while being part of a brand that continues to attract some of the best talent globally. There’s a great sense of accomplishment knowing that I was able to help the Wolfpack organization in breaking Rugby League out of its traditional heartlands and take the game to new audiences in North America.

I would like to thank David Argyle, Toronto Wolfpack players and staff and the team’s incredible fan base on both sides of the Atlantic, who have always made me feel extremely welcome, and wish them success in their maiden Super League season. The team is in good hands with Brian McDermott and will be a team to be reckoned with for years to come.”

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/toronto ... part-ways/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Apologies...

I’ll be on the naughty step now like Big Bri McD
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I think Toronto will only last a season or two especially if they get relegated
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I get the feeling Noble doesnt want his name associated with a sinking ship
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ancientnloyal wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:57 am Apologies...

I’ll be on the naughty step now like Big Bri McD
😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan