Leeds v wire

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Firestarter

Leeds v wire

Post by Firestarter »

Hicks is defo helping leeds tonite....... isnt it about time that our refs stop having so much influence on a game? Ive lost count how many forward passes leeds have thrown ,yet wire are the only team to be punished......clearly playing to-a bent crowd........ i think the powers above need have a word quickly
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
ancientnloyal

Re: Leeds v wire

Post by ancientnloyal »

Leeds have slapped Wire tonight... and tickled then a bit too.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

A pub team wudda beat wire this second half........ there big money half back pairing have looked awful.....two stand offs doesnt= a good half back pairing
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Ceddy Jackson ain't happy :D :D
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:07 pm Hicks is defo helping leeds tonite....... isnt it about time that our refs stop having so much influence on a game? Ive lost count how many forward passes leeds have thrown ,yet wire are the only team to be punished......clearly playing to-a bent crowd........ i think the powers above need have a word quickly
Leeds were having a laugh with the not being square too, I thought they got away with murder. That said, the score was a fair result.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Wire fans seem to have a big question mark already about 'superstar' Widdop!
SJ

Post by SJ »

Leeds controlled this game from start to finish with some entertaining rugby made,possibly, by the lack lustre efforts of Wire. Re- Hicks, he tried to save Wire from the ignominy of being "nilled" in the closing stages of the game. Leeds don't seem to have offloaded the offload (Wigan take note! Enjoyed the game👍
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

SJ wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:14 pm Leeds controlled this game from start to finish with some entertaining rugby made,possibly, by the lack lustre efforts of Wire. Re- Hicks, he tried to save Wire from the ignominy of being "nilled" in the closing stages of the game. Leeds don't seem to have offloaded the offload (Wigan take note! Enjoyed the game👍
I agree but hicks only gave wire pens at the end too even the penalty count.......like they all do
SJ

Post by SJ »

Yes it seems so. In the past I've cynically claimed much the same but again,cynically,I've come to accept the game is what it is and the "blame " doesn't rest solely in the officiating of the game. If the officials officiated in keeping with the rules constitutive ofthe game, the game would never get off the ground (so to speak)
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

SJ wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:57 pm Yes it seems so. In the past I've cynically claimed much the same but again,cynically,I've come to accept the game is what it is and the "blame " doesn't rest solely in the officiating of the game. If the officials officiated in keeping with the rules constitutive ofthe game, the game would never get off the ground (so to speak)
yes good point but ide much rather them punish the teams consistently,rather than keeping an even pen count...... he was totally blind to leeds forward passes last nite.....most refs have been for a while