Blake Austin on the wing

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
nathan_rugby

Blake Austin on the wing

Post by nathan_rugby »

It has just popped into my head randomly that "The world's greatest RL coach" allowed that to happen.

It is literally unbelievable, shambolic and embarrassing.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Re: Blake Austin on the wing

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:39 am It has just popped into my head randomly that "The world's greatest RL coach" allowed that to happen.

It is literally unbelievable, shambolic and embarrassing.
and he was carrying an injury which made it even worse....... there was totally no logic whatsoever by playing him there
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Like putting Powell at 7
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Especially as he flew an established winger in Handley half way round the world to fill in, then didn't even put him in the squad ! Was never able to understand that.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Nezza Faz wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:57 pm Especially as he flew an established winger in Handley half way round the world to fill in, then didn't even put him in the squad ! Was never able to understand that.
Just a guess but I get the feeling that K.Sinfield had a big say in getting Handley flown out.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

He might end up on the wing for wire the way hes playing....... he looks overweight and unfit to me...... i think the longer SL season and internationals are taking the toll on him...... add in cooler conditions....... if i was a wire fan ide be pushing for patton at 7 with widdop 6( he looks lost at first receiver)...... maybe austin at thirteen
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I seem to be in the minority who think Austin is a good player. I certainly think he offers a lot more than Widdop. But of course playing him on the wing was a complete farce, neither fair on the player, the team, or the fans.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:37 pm I seem to be in the minority who think Austin is a good player. I certainly think he offers a lot more than Widdop. But of course playing him on the wing was a complete farce, neither fair on the player, the team, or the fans.
he is a good player but.....read the above...... hes class when fit