Fridays games

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

Fridays games

Post by ancientnloyal »

Saints 10 Hudds 12
Wakefield 26 HUll FC 27
Wire 9 Cas 8

Sounds like a great night of rugby and Skins lose to a cowbell!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Caboosegg

Re: Fridays games

Post by Caboosegg »

the wire game was good.... until the farce of multiple missed drop goals in the last 15min.

the hull one shows why i hate the golden point rule. the fact it can be over without the other side having a touch of the ball is so biased. should be golden try.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:43 pm the wire game was good.... until the farce of multiple missed drop goals in the last 15min.

the hull one shows why i hate the golden point rule. the fact it can be over without the other side having a touch of the ball is so biased. should be golden try.
I disagree, it should be scrapped. One point a piece. Coaches and players are moaning about too much rugby and we a playing golden point! Obviously the people who come up with these ideas have never played the game.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:43 pm

Just as they did against Wigan at the beginning of this daft idea at the start of last season.
Why do we have to adopt daft ideas just because they come from Australia?
I suppose we just have to be glad that we have not followed the convicts in abolishing the 40/20 rule.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:43 pm the wire game was good.... until the farce of multiple missed drop goals in the last 15min.

Perhaps the other side should be allowed a chance to score after the so called golden point to alleviate the game being won on the toss of a coin.
I thinks the yanks do similar in bastardised rugby?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I disagreed with it before last season even started! I hated it when they did it in Oz & especially when Jonathan Thurston won the Grand Final with one & it should be got rid of as soon as is possible! IMO
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:43 am

I disagree, it should be scrapped. One point a piece. Coaches and players are moaning about too much rugby and we a playing golden point! Obviously the people who come up with these ideas have never played the game.
I'm with you, Bin it off
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:43 am

Agreed,sometimes a draw is the right result simple as that.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Some years ago I did a reccy on how many SL games had been played at that point in the season and how many ended in draws. There'd been something like 132 games with 4 draws. So where was the need for Golden Point.
It is/was very unpopular with fans so why they brought it to the UK only the RFL/SL know.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

GP is an awful idea. Aussie fans don't seem to like it any more than we do. Should be a point each.