Rob Burrow / MNDA Association Fundraising1

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
willholt

Rob Burrow / MNDA Association Fundraising1

Post by willholt »

Hi - long time supporter but first time poster here,

Myself and two friends (both Salford) are currently attempting to run a cumulative 600 kilometres throughout May in order to raise money and awareness for the MND Association - after 4 days we've run just under 100k and are hoping to smash both our running and fundraising targets.

As a kid I remember standing on the terrace at Headingley and my dad asking why the mascot was still on the pitch as Wigan kicked off, unaware that he was one of the toughest and most talented players I'd see play the game. Throughout his career Rob has served as an inspiration for many, and even more so as he now faces this challenge, which is why we've decided to undertake this challenge and do our bit to help charities who are undoubtedly struggling during this pandemic.

If anyone would be interested in following our progress, feel free to check out our instagram page @600k_mnd_may or if you'd like to donate to help our push to £1,000 then the link to do so can be found via our instagram page.

Thanks a lot and let's hope we're back at the DW soon!
josie andrews

Re: Rob Burrow / MNDA Association Fundraising1

Post by josie andrews »

Brilliant, well done on your achievements so far 😊🏉🍒⚪️🌈
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan