Salary Cap

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Caboosegg

Salary Cap

Post by Caboosegg »

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
the pieman

Re: Salary Cap

Post by the pieman »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:45 am https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... es-4141613

1 step forward and 2 steps back?
why is that not a shock, the Yorkshire mafia moaning yet again that they arent a level playing field and Gary scratching their backs to keep their support when he needs it again. it really is unbelievable.

some of the thinking is so backwards it really is unbelievable. if a club doesnt want to pay up to the cap, then fine, dont do it, but dont hold anyone else back and then complain about it.

i know i posted about mergers etc on the other thread with Bobbie Goulding's master plan, that i can understand why fans wouldnt want to merge etc, but at times these bloody lot in Yorkshire just infuriate me to the point i wish they would be forced to merge so there is less of them to whinge
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

They are banging on about maintaining the integrity of the competition by lowering the SC.
Some of us believe that the comps integrity ceased the moment they introduced the SC.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

What's the problem? They don't have to spend up to the cap! Perhaps they should try and generate more income instead of burying their heads in the sand.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:33 pm What's the problem? They don't have to spend up to the cap! Perhaps they should try and generate more income instead of burying their heads in the sand.
They don't want to spend the Cap so they want others to reduce it so they stand a chance.

Im glad to see its Wigan Sains Warrington against it, if you can get Hull FC to want it kept as it and catalan and toronto on side then its a no starter.

I know we are in a bad situation with finances and the pandemic but the hull kr owner has been banging on about costs before it started and the leeds owner just wants everyone to be in the same rut.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:50 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:33 pm What's the problem? They don't have to spend up to the cap! Perhaps they should try and generate more income instead of burying their heads in the sand.
They don't want to spend the Cap so they want others to reduce it so they stand a chance.

Im glad to see its Wigan Sains Warrington against it, if you can get Hull FC to want it kept as it and catalan and toronto on side then its a no starter.

I know we are in a bad situation with finances and the pandemic but the hull kr owner has been banging on about costs before it started and
the leeds owner just wants everyone to be in the same rut
thats the bit that infuriates me

we always seem to bring it down to the lowest denominator, not the highest. Bring everyone else down instead of aspiring to be the best.

when Wigan were dominant, changes were introduced to stop it. Since then we have had Bradford, Saints, Leeds and Wigan having successful periods, with Wire winning the CC. it always feels like there is an element of the RL fanbase that doesnt want the game to grow and thrive, cos we always played on the M62 corridoor and it should stay there.

the cap was frozen for so many years it was untrue. how many other sports where there are caps have the players effectively taken a pay cut / freeze year on year. There has also been the recent article about the youngsters pay (<£15k) for breaking into the 1st team of a professional sporting outfit. Whilst i am not suggesting we should be paying them £50k/week like football, come on, is it any wonder that players may be looking elsewhere whether that be RU, NRL or even stacking shelves in a supermarket can almost get them that salary. The top players in our game, comparatively to most of us fans could earn good money, but in terms of professional sportsmen / women they are not even close to other professional sports and it is a crying shame that the sport seems to lack the ability, desire or vision to want to put it on a pedestal and have the players rightly rewarded for putting their bodies on the line
pedro

Post by pedro »

the cap is paid for by sky money if they cant run the rest of the club with gate receipts and sponsors there is no home