Inglis to Wire

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
southportcdm

Re: Inglis to Wire

Post by southportcdm »

Great signing for the sport but I'm glad we haven't signed him. No doubt lots of cash for a an ageing (if formally great), injury prone player. They'll surely have to offload some players besides BMM? An interesting thought is that I was starting to wonder if recent results were putting the future of their coach in doubt. They'll have to keep him now because one of the major reasons Inglis has agreed to come is the friendship with Steve Price.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

southportcdm wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:32 pm Great signing for the sport but I'm glad we haven't signed him. No doubt lots of cash for a an ageing (if formally great), injury prone player. They'll surely have to offload some players besides BMM? An interesting thought is that I was starting to wonder if recent results were putting the future of their coach in doubt. They'll have to keep him now because one of the major reasons Inglis has agreed to come is the friendship with Steve Price.
Glad we havent signed him? I wish we had, mind you we have 2 world class centres in Bibby and Hankinson and another who is really a fullback. :o
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

Bit of an odd signing for me. He retired due to an injury he couldn’t overcome and won’t have played for 22 months by the time the 2021 season starts. We will have to wait and see if he still has it next year.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Warrior20 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:34 pm Bit of an odd signing for me. He retired due to an injury he couldn’t overcome and won’t have played for 22 months by the time the 2021 season starts. We will have to wait and see if he still has it next year.
I loved inglis in his pomp but im afraid that was a good few years ago now
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

A gamble thats for sure but one that I hope comes. off, we should always welcome world class players to our comp and yes he maybe past his best but even so, and lets be fair Wire always fall apart at some point during the season so better quality player then less of an excuse.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Great for the league but glad we didn’t splash the cash as he retired due to injuries.

They’ve hedged their bets a little bit with Widdop and now Inglis.

He won’t have played rugby for years by the time he returns.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
ddtftf

Inglis

Post by ddtftf »

Warrington have signed Inglis out of retirement :roll:
No straw damn us

Re: Inglis

Post by No straw damn us »

Great signing for the game of rugby league, a bums on seats player. H'e only on a short term contract so the risk is minimal. Of course it's a risk and he won't be the player he once was, but he's a player most RL fans will want to see.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:57 pm
pedro wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:45 pm providing he gets a visa, he will be 34 also
he could be 44 and still a force in SL IMO

So thats Widdop/Austin/Inglis plus

Salary cap issue? its clear either Wire cook the books or other simply lie/dont invest wisely
Austin might be going home as that will be 2 years and they normally ask for a release then or Widdop might be retired as hes made of biscuits
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:57 pm
pedro wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:45 pm providing he gets a visa, he will be 34 also
he could be 44 and still a force in SL IMO

So thats Widdop/Austin/Inglis plus

Salary cap issue? its clear either Wire cook the books or other simply lie/dont invest wisely
Give over 34 been out of the game 18 months is a massive gamble