Laugh track on NRL

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: Laugh track on NRL

Post by josie andrews »

Dominic Cummings' spotted in Sydney!

Dominic Cummings spotted at Bankwest Stadium enjoying Sydney Roosters vs South Sydney Rabbitohs...Video

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... eague-game

😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

It only bugged me when the virtual reactions didn't match what had happened. Other than that it was ok. I quite liked the original games without the fake crowd though because you could hear the players and it was very interesting to hear that communication.

The game was ok, loads of errors. It was a drop-a-thon with pretty weak defence from the broncos. Not very interesting because of the one sided nature. The players are fast though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Disgraceful Dominic Cummings spotted at an Nrl game. Must have needed an eye test
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

It annoyed the bejesus out of me genuinely thought there was something wrong with my bloody hearing aids..im not stupid so stop trying to pretend there's a crowd there..
kitt green warriors

Post by kitt green warriors »

Over here (Brisbane), it was on both Fox Sports 1 (with crowd noise) and Fox Sports 2 (without crowd noise), for me it neither gained or took away from the match, so I'm non plusses about the noise. Regards the game, the 2 major talking points here were,
1, the speed from the 6 again call and not always knowing what's going on (Brad Arthur said so himself that they were counting and not realising).
2, the 1 ref, much better (they have finally come to their senses), now give a point each after 80 mins in a draw them play golden try not point for the other point. Or have a draw!.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I like the one point each for a draw, and if you have to have a winner then they just get an extra point.

But is one ref better than two when you see the constant penalties at the ruck in UK RL? It's cleaner in that area in the NRL probably because of the second ref who's right there. You need to go through that to get back to one ref being effective.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:49 pm It annoyed the bejesus out of me genuinely thought there was something wrong with my bloody hearing aids..im not stupid so stop trying to pretend there's a crowd there..
They weren’t trying to deceive you. It was clear to all there were no fans.

I personally thought I’d added to the game and created a bit of atmosphere. I’ve watched some of the German Bundesliga football matches and they are very flat and feel like pre season matches. For the record they don’t use such audio additions.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Sound was like fifa on xbox.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:13 am
fozzieskem wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:49 pm It annoyed the bejesus out of me genuinely thought there was something wrong with my bloody hearing aids..im not stupid so stop trying to pretend there's a crowd there..
They weren’t trying to deceive you. It was clear to all there were no fans.

I personally thought I’d added to the game and created a bit of atmosphere. I’ve watched some of the German Bundesliga football matches and they are very flat and feel like pre season matches. For the record they don’t use such audio additions.
Its just like when you get a comedy show that has a laugh track tacked on, its awful same goes with sport and adding a crowd track is doing nothing either, if it works for you great for me I can and will give it a miss if nothing else the last few months has proven to me personally I don't need sport, sport needs its fans for more, hence the track being added.

Trouble is when we can go back to sport I really don't know if it'll be a must see anymore, i miss cinema, concerts and travel far more than I do sport which if you'd asked me in February id have given a very different answer.